Fdny Engine 212 the peoples fire house

I know that 212 was closed in 2004. It's crazy how 20 years later the north side neighborhood that it's stationed In is has become filled with bars clubs restaurants ect. I wonder if they will ever reopen 212 back up. Due to the growing number of people moving in to that part of  Brooklyn .

Or do they look at it as we can save money buy still having 221 229 238 216 cover their area ??

Also missing from the overcrowded Greenpoint / Williamsburg area ....ENG*213...ENG*215...SQ*7....BN*36.

Passed by 212 in the last month. I thought it looked in Better shape last month then it did a few years ago. Doubt it means anything though.

I know that the new mayor said he wants to open up more fire houses threw out the city u never know with these political people.

Also u think that a truck company would be smart to put in that area ??

Charging in 113 said:
I know that the new mayor said he wants to open up more fire houses threw out the city u never know with these political people.

Also u think that a truck company would be smart to put in that area ??
where did you hear him saying he wants to open FHs ?....any Unit opened in that area should be an ENG.

Regardless of the population increase, fire activity is down; way down citywide.  Only thing keeping the run numbers "inflated" citywide are EMS runs.  No chance 212 will reopen.  Brooklyn is still pretty dense with fire companies in that area.  Best shot at a new firehouse if at all would be in Staten Island where the coverage is thin and spread out.  JMO.

anesti said:
Passed by 212 in the last month. I thought it looked in Better shape last month then it did a few years ago. Doubt it means anything though.

That's because the people's firehouse is in the process of converting the fire house into a community center. Haven't seen much progress as far as the renovations. But occasionally they are in there doing work.