FDNY fireground accountability

A few years ago I was at the scene of a 3rd alarm on Rockaway Parkway and got a photo of Battalion 58 carrying an iPad or tablet. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the iPad’s are used for and/or what the FDNY is using for member accountability on the fireground.

Here’s the photo:
952F257D-AAD7-4C58-AF16-A23931071314.jpeg

Hi there,

Others can probably add more detail or explain better, but I have a couple of things to offer:

1) Battalions and Divisions carry iPads that can be used for a variety of purposes including using the FDNY incident command app, accessing electronic riding lists, etc. Snapshot of the incident command app here:
2) I believe accountability is mainly done on a separate system called EFAS. See here: https://www.fireengineering.com/app...track-of-firefighters-on-the-fireground/#gref

"JEFFREYRHEUME"

I really can't help you with your question, but I'm sure somebody here can.
I think you've come to the right place

I see you've been a member here since 2008.

Let me just tell the guys here a little bit about you.

Back in those busy FDNY years of heavy fire activity, you and I had an interest in the fire dept.
So like so many of us, we followed through.
Became a volunteer firefighter, then onto becoming a career firefighter, just like so many others.

These days, I'd like to tell the guys that you are a "HIGHLY RESPECTED" Battalion Chief in the very busy, New London, Ct Fire Dept."
A guy like so many of us Active or Retired Firefighters who are into the job.

Well Jeff, for both of us, chasing those fire trucks in the streets of New York City back in our younger days, "sure got us on the right track when it came to learning the job".

Your buddy,
Uncle Willy (NFD2004)
The tablet is like a mini- command board for the Chiefs. For the Deputy Chief when we got the ticket, he would be able to look up address and have a picture of the dwelling before we even left quarters so he had a size up of what we were responding to.

The tablet is like a mini- command board for the Chiefs. For the Deputy Chief when we got the ticket, he would be able to look up address and have a picture of the dwelling before we even left quarters so he had a size up of what we were responding to.

Thank you Brian.

"You guys are right on top of it".
(That's what Jeff just texted me)

Thank you Brother.