FDNY: Frequently Asked Questions

Question for the group...At the Queens overturned car incident at Box #7603 in Steinway Creek, I heard Car 13B call enroute....All of the listings that I have read (Operational Reference, this site, etc...) say that 13B is the Deputy Assistant Chief of Fire Prevention.  What would his purpose be for responding to incidents such as this as well as others?

All Staff Chiefs regardless of regular assignment take a turn as the Citywide Tour Commander during night hrs & on weekends.....during regular hrs the Boro Commander of the particular boro responds.

HCO

Eight engines, replacing the six former Field Comm Support Units, work with the Resource Unit Leader and assist the Incident Commander in planning and implementing the communications plan at major incidents. They carry 400 and 800 mHz radios, and an enhanced post radio i.e. one with a console used with cable reels to enable operation of the remote radio from a street level command post.

HCO said:
Eight engines, replacing the six former Field Comm Support Units, work with the Resource Unit Leader and assist the Incident Commander in planning and implementing the communications plan at major incidents. They carry 400 and 800 mHz radios, and an enhanced post radio i.e. one with a console used with cable reels to enable operation of the remote radio from a street level command post.
I believe 7 Engine in Lower Manhattan is one of these Communications Units, but which companies are the other seven?

fdny1075k said:
HCO said:
I believe 7 Engine in Lower Manhattan is one of these Communications Units, but which companies are the other seven?

Think 35 & 279

HCO

Man - E-7, E-35; Bnx - E-46; Bkn - E-246, E-279, E-332; Qns - E-263, E-303.

HCO said:
work with the Resource Unit Leader and assist the Incident Commander in planning and implementing the communications plan at major incidents. They carry 400 and 800 mHz radios, and an enhanced post radio i.e. one with a console used with cable reels to enable operation of the remote radio from a street level command post.

::)

I'm not sure of a "thread." However, a 1962 issue of WNYF carried a several page article regarding this fire.

memory master said:
I'm not sure of a "thread." However, a 1962 issue of WNYF carried a several page article regarding this fire.

Thank you i will have to see if i can find it.