FDNY, LA County, San Diego, San Francisco, Carmel,...

wake96 said:
Pictures of my last trip in your country. Hope to come back very soon !!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92114643@N05/

"wake96", you have some very good pictures posted here. I wasn't aware of them until "mikeindabronx" mentioned them to me.

I also have many apparatus photos from the LA City, LA County area that I took back in the 1980s. I just wish I knew how to post them.

I know "r1smokeater" posted a lot of pictures for me. He also put them on Flicker. They were from the FDNY, Boston, Providence and I think a few others. He did a great job. I'll try to get that Flicker page on here.

You're welcome. I think flickr is the best way to stock and to share pictures. There is a size limit, I will post another pictures next month. And I hope to take another very soon in New York!!!

Nice shots! But, if you want the real "51's" from
Emergency, go to LA County Station 127 in Carson, CA.

fdny1075k said:
.........if you have Time Warner Cable the original "Emergency" is shown on channel 144 ..ME TV every evening at 5 PM.

68jk09 said:
fdny1075k said:
.........if you have Time Warner Cable the original "Emergency" is shown on channel 144 ..ME TV every evening at 5 PM.
Yup. For Direct TV it's channel 43.

Either way, I've got all of the seasons of the show on DVD.

I worked for a great private ambulance company 20 years ago that transported patients for LACoFD, and Carson was the area I preferred to work. The station in the show, 127's, is an active station in Carson, although it was not a busy one. It's never had a squad -- the nearest squad is 36's down the street (which is near Harbor-UCLA, which is Rampart on the show), great bunch of guys. In fact, when I was working with them, there wasn't even a station 51, although not too long ago station 60 was changed to 51. That's the station at Universal Studios. There's a nice LACoFD site at http://www.lacountyfire.com/, if you click on station info on the left you can pull up every station in the department with photos and other info, and there are links to radio feeds. Great memories!

fdny1075k said:

127's is an engine and quint. 2 rigs, one crew. They are called a light force, and are counted as a truck company. They also have a reserve foam rig that sits behind the engine. The station hasn't changed too much from 40 years ago. The Squad, Crown engine, and Ward La France Engine are all owned by the LA County Fire Museum in Bellflower. To get to 51's in Universal takes a few phone calls, if I remember right. 70's is one of the coolest spots for a fire station. You walk out the apparatus door, turn to your left, and there's the Pacific Ocean.

Deano, I think it was LACoFD Station 8 in West Hollywood then it moved to Station 127 in Carson.

Here's Station 8. Used as Station 10 in the pilot, and Station 8 in Season 5.
FS8.png
Station 127, used in the show.
FS127-1.png