FDNY meduim rescues

There are two freightliner meduim duty rescues on Ferraras in production page;any idea what they will be

I believe Ferrara won the bids for new Squad Support Units (similar to Squad 1`s TRV) and new HazMat Tech Units.  Corrections welcome.

Bulldog

Bulldog
atlanticfiretrucks said:
I believe Ferrara won the bids for new Squad Support Units (similar to Squad 1`s TRV) and new HazMat Tech Units.  Corrections welcome.
I believe you are correct in regards to the squad support units.

If there was ever any question . . .

DSC04223.JPG

From www.ferrarafire.com

Out of curiosity, why is it that the HMTU's need a full cab but the squad's don't? I would guess HM needs it for suiting up enroute, but the squads do haz mat as well...

FF1985 said:
Out of curiosity, why is it that the HMTU's need a full cab but the squad's don't? I would guess HM needs it for suiting up enroute, but the squads do haz mat as well...
I saw somewhere that the HMTU's will have a small lab in the back for testing and yes also suiting up while enroute

Each HTMU, will go to each squad and rescue. Check out the forum on the rig.

Buzzman said:
Each HTMU, will go to each squad and rescue. Check out the forum on the rig.
If so then R*1..2..4 & maybe 5 plus SQ*1 if they keep the TRV will have to have them kept in other qtrs....I doubt w/the meters etc that they could be stored outside.

The Medium Rescues are going to each squad.
the HMTU are going to each squad and rescue 5. The HMTU page is on the apparatus section right under this page

The HMTU's are going to the Haz-Mat Engine Companies to replace the Step-Van's.  They are not going to the Squads.

I was only taking the information from the other page. That might be right.
Everyone is not always right and i might have been wrong on that one

Reminds me of the two rules the First Sergeant advised all of his new troops about:

Rule #1:  The First Sergeant is ALWAYS right.

Rule #2:  In the extremely rare and highly unusual event that the First Sergeant is ever wrong; Rule #1 applies.

;)

Bulldog

Bulldog
Nice-looking rigs, what's with all the different communications equipment in the console?  That's certainly a lot more than any of the other apparatus have.