FDNY MEMBER BECOMES GREENWICH CONN BOSS.

nfd2004

There have been a few other members of the FDNY who became Fire Chiefs in Connecticut.

Waterbury had the late Chief Tom Brennan who was credited with making major positive changes within that department. He was a leader and highly respected for the work he had done. He also did it during a very difficult finical crisis. His Leadership and success has never been forgotten among the members of that department.

Also, the Stamford Fire Dept had recruited Retired FDNY Member Bob Morris as a Deputy Chief during some very difficult times within the career and five separate volunteer fire depts of that city. He successfully began a merging of those depts into one and I believe it led to him being appointed to Chief of Department. I think he has since retired from that position.

Along with FDNY Firefighters becoming Chiefs, many firefighters have benefited from the teaching of current Active and Retired Members of the FDNY. They have passed on their knowledge and experience within the classrooms and throughout the regional fire training academies within the state.

Several have also played a large part in teaching at the mandatory 15 (?) week State Recruit Academy in Windsor Locks. I believe the New Haven Regional Fire School is also used as part of that Recruit School Training as well.

Connecticut's Firefighters of today have been taught by "the Best and It Shows by the job they do"

8060rock

If it's the same Bob Morris, I believe he turned down the promotion to BC to remain Capt. of R1(retired) - has/had? son on the job

nfd2004

If it's the same Bob Morris, I believe he turned down the promotion to BC to remain Capt. of R1(retired) - has/had? son on the job
Yes Dan, aka "8060rock", Bob Morris did work on Rescue 1 as the Captain I believe.

johnd248

Willy, I don't think Bob Morris ever became Chief of the Department in Stamford. Could be wrong. Was Trevor Roach for a longtime; another Stratfield VFD alumni.

nfd2004

Willy, I don't think Bob Morris ever became Chief of the Department in Stamford. Could be wrong. Was Trevor Roach for a longtime; another Stratfield VFD alumni.

John you are correct. Bob “Rex” Morris was hired as an Assistant Chief in the Stamford Fire Dept

nfd2004

scoobyd

Rex is Robert Morris, Jr. He succeeded his father as the Captain of Rescue 1. Not familiar with Sr being refered to as "Rex".

68jk09

Both Morris's.... Father & Son were the CPTs of R*1 the Father Retired & is now in a Connecticut FD....the Son became a casualty of the modern day "politically correct" everybody should get a trophy world & is now a Covering CPT..... both are top notch.

fdny747

Both Morris's.... Father & Son were the CPTs of R*1 the Father Retired & is now in a Connecticut FD....the Son became a casualty of the modern day "politically correct" everybody should get a trophy world & is now a Covering CPT..... both are top notch.
What happened to CPT. Morris's Son? Why did he get lifted out of R-1?