FDNY Operational Reference

Here is the reference manual par excellence:

http://www.firezonestore.org/fdnyoprefboo.html

Everything you ever wanted to know about FDNY operations and were afraid to ask!

The 7th Edition was published in April 2007 - is a new Edition in the works??

Back in February or March, 2009 , the author, Jim Griffinths sent me an E-mail that he was working on a new Edition. I have his E-mail address and I"ll ask him if the Eighth Edition will be coming out soon. As soon as I hear anything, I will get back to you.

According to Mr Jim Griffiths, He has been holding off printing the next edition (8th), due to proposed possible cutbacks of 30 EMS tours. That is what the hold up has been. Lets hope for the benefit of the people of NYC and all its many visitors and tourist, that these cutbacks for the FDNY/EMS does NOT take place. And I thank Mr Griffiths for getting back to me so quickly, so that I can pass it on.

8th edition is out! just got mine at FSP book and video. www.fire-police-ems.com. (sorry folks, wasn't able to make a link.)

Yes, The newest Edition of the FDNY Operational Manuel is out. Got mine from www.firepoliceems.com also. Other than this web site, the Best thing in writing for the FDNY Buffs. Highly recommended.