FDNY - radio encryption

Anyone else hearing that All FDNY frequencies will be encrypted by June or July of this year 2021

dan

More then likely yes. Some divisions are testing encryption now and an update is being put out into the APX radios so yes. Who knows exact timeline though.

According to Lt Tommy Bendick (tbendick), this site owner, who is very much involved in the operations of the FDNY Radio System, ONLY DARS will be encrypt, NOT regular DISPATCH Channels
Sounds Like - It's All Encrypted Today: No FDNY Feeds via broadcastify.

Sounds Like - It's All Encrypted Today: No FDNY Feeds via broadcastify.
I was on the road today and Brooklyn & Queens were coming in 5x5 on my hand held scanner. It's more likely and issue with Broadcastify.

Regarding the Broadcastify set up at Lt Bendicks home, to provide the FDNY radio feed, somewhere on this site is a photo of his set up which is in his garage.

That set up involves an entire system of scanner radios, plus computers. It took a huge amount of cash, plus the time and work put into it to get things operating.

In addition to that, because of the expense involved, Lt Bendick was required to have a security system installed.

In return he asks nothing from us. Not one penny.

Of course he has also provided ALL of us with this web site.

Not only is he a Lt in a Bronx Firehouse, but he is also very much involved in many duties at the Rock, aka FDNY Fire Academy. Plus he has a wife and two kids.

There's not too many people out there today that do that much for a group of guys, most of whom he doesn't even know.

So guys if the radio feeds are still down, tune in Chicago or Boston, etc. They get work too.

Meantime, for the more local guys within radio range of the FDNY can you please try to keep us updated as to what's going on.

According to Lt Tommy Bendick (tbendick), this site owner, who is very much involved in the operations of the FDNY Radio System, ONLY DARS will be encrypt, NOT regular DISPATCH Channels
I heard the same thing from another reliable source today.....DARs & the admin channels are out (as the recent 65-2s stated )....how ever Boro Frequencies will NOT be encrypted (at least not in the foreseeable future) .....i think too big a deal to change ALL the Rig radios.