FDNY Rigs being Installed with Rumbler

https://youtu.be/IzFr0mBo8Zo

Squad 41 Responding Yesterday using Some Rumbler! A Few Rigs already have them, there was 600 rumbler sirens ordered

Bulldog

Bulldog
They must lose something when being recorded because they thoroughly don't sound very effective in this video or any of the others I've seen them on. I'm guessing because they are such a low-frequency I don't get picked up very good in recording.

I thought I was hallucinating when a ladder unit with rumbler passed by my place today. Sounds really bizarre with eq2b, but it?s ultimately about getting traffic...so whatever works.

I think Bulldog may be correct that the video recording above of  SQ*41 loses some of the impact sound wise .... i know here in my neighborhood when NYPD goes by with a Rumbler you know it... how exactly those inside the responding vehicle feel about it might be a different story....i have heard some negatives on that also...i guess the jury is still out. 

It?s also not the same rumbler siren that?s why it doesn?t sound like NYPD. You will only get the full effect of the rumbler that they put on the EQ2B and PA300 if you are in front of the Rig and it?s coming at you. They didn?t hit the Rumbler Until the 2nd Push of the Q so it was already past.