FDNY Spacing Bandwidth

FDNY Response Videos

FDNY Response Videos
Does anyone know what spacing bandwidth ( 12.5 kHz or 25 kHz ) the FDNY Operates on? Is it the same for all dispatch frequencies and fireground/handie-talkie frequencies?

What is the spacing bandwidth for these frequencies:
482.10625 Manhattan Fire
486.11250 Fireground 1
482.23125 FDNY Citywide
482.00625 Bronx Fire
482.03125 Queens Fire
482.01875 Brooklyn Fire
482.04375 Staten Island Fire
485.18750 CMD Channel

Thanks for the Help!

Update for this thread, I can clearly pick up all FDNY Frequencies Listed with 12.5 kHz Steps.

I have no idea but i would like to hear the answer if it relates to programming a Scanner.

I want the VHF freqs back(wishful thinking).

The UHF I have always found scratchy and unreliable. Manhattan for me is almost un-listenable without excessive static

Battalion10Buff said:
Does anyone know what spacing bandwidth ( 12.5 kHz or 25 kHz ) the FDNY Operates on? Is it the same for all dispatch frequencies and fireground/handie-talkie frequencies?

What is the spacing bandwidth for these frequencies:
482.10625 Manhattan Fire
486.11250 Fireground 1
482.23125 FDNY Citywide
482.00625 Bronx Fire
482.03125 Queens Fire
482.01875 Brooklyn Fire
482.04375 Staten Island Fire
485.18750 CMD Channel

Thanks for the Help!

450.00625-512.000 MHz are all 6.25 kHz steps

Mike M said:

The UHF I have always found scratchy and unreliable. Manhattan for me is almost un-listenable without excessive static
Have you tried adding the PL tones? That could make a difference.

Mike M said:

I'm with you "Mike M".

Those VHF channels in the 154... range were GREAT. I've mentioned it on here before. I had no trouble at all picking up the FDNY and units in the field 50 - 60 miles away using just a pocket scanner with it's small rubber antenna.

Now I don't pick up the FDNY until I'm just outside the city. Of course as I was once told here by the site administrator (Tommy B), when I asked him what kind of scanner would be the best to buy for my interest. He pulled out his cell phone. Keep it on charge and listen to the FDNY no matter where you are. Of course he's right.

But it's NOT only the FDNY that doesn't come in like it used to. From what I've seen (heard), ALL fire depts., police etc., have cut down on their transmitting power. Some have also added encryption so it can't be heard at all.

A few years ago, with an outside antenna and a home 300 feet above sea level, I was picking up busy fire departments 50-60 miles away. Today - NOTHING.

nfd2004 said:
But it's NOT only the FDNY that doesn't come in like it used to. From what I've seen (heard), ALL fire depts., police etc., have cut down on their transmitting power. Some have also added encryption so it can't be heard at all.

A few years ago, with an outside antenna and a home 300 feet above sea level, I was picking up busy fire departments 50-60 miles away. Today - NOTHING.

The FCC is trying to improve the ability of licensees to reuse frequencies at shorter distances than before. That is the reason for lower bandwidths and powers. They don't care about hobby listeners, they are just trying to meet the needs of licensees for more channels within their service areas.

jks19714 said:
nfd2004 said:

The FCC is trying to improve the ability of licensees to reuse frequencies at shorter distances than before. That is the reason for lower bandwidths and powers. They don't care about hobby listeners, they are just trying to meet the needs of licensees for more channels within their service areas.

Thanks JKS....

I'm just very happy to have been around and a part of it when things were so much different. For me even trying to program a scanner today is a lost cause. Then sometimes they put in these "updates" and I'm back to square one again.

I guess as far as listening to the FDNY these days, it could have been much worse. It could have been encrypt, making it impossible for any of us to listen to.

nfd2004 said:
Thanks JKS....

I'm just very happy to have been around and a part of it when things were so much different. For me even trying to program a scanner today is a lost cause. Then sometimes they put in these "updates" and I'm back to square one again.

I guess as far as listening to the FDNY these days, it could have been much worse. It could have been encrypt, making it impossible for any of us to listen to.

I've had really good success with the newer Uniden 996P2 here in Delaware, where practically all of the public safety comm is on the state 800 MHz P25 system. Several local fire companies and county 911 centers repeat the county fire 800 Mhz talkgroups on a discrete UHF channel for the convenience of their members.

I much prefer the 800 system, as not all of the talkgroups I'm interested in (like state emergency management and National Guard) are on the UHF repeaters.

FDNY793727 said:
Mike M said:

Have you tried adding the PL tones? That could make a difference.

Yeah makes no difference with the PL. I actually think I miss some transmissions with it on because the signal's weak.

Mike M said:
Yeah makes no difference with the PL. I actually think I miss some transmissions with it on because the signal's weak.
Ah ok it?s a weak signal, my mistake. I know some other people had mentioned hearing other borough?s transmissions on channels so I just suggested the PL. I guess it?s just up to luck and the weather conditions at that point unfortunately.