FDNY Spartan

I was looking through FDNYtrucks.com today and saw a picture of a Spartan FDNY Engine  which was not numbered. Does anyone know what company it was assigned to or was it never used? Thanks.

http://fdnytrucks.com/files/html/specialunits/other.htm 
Its the rig right before the transport buses.

That rig was donated after 9/11 but was never put in service because it wasn't to FDNY specs.  It has spent its entire FDNY career as the funeral caisson.

10SEVENTY5 said:
ladder 53 "city island" in the bronx is also a spartan

Wasn't that originally a Mack TL with the Aerialscope remounted to a Spartan chassis and a new body built?  I think I remember reading that in FAJ.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Bulldog

Bulldog
IzzyEng4 said:
Wasn't that originally a Mack TL with the Aerialscope remounted to a Spartan chassis and a new body built?  I think I remember reading that in FAJ.  Please correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, TL53 is a 2001 Spartan chassis with a 1973 Baker scope that came from a Mack TL.

Bulldog said:
IzzyEng4 said:
Yes, TL53 is a 2001 Spartan chassis with a 1973 Baker scope that came from a Mack TL.

Thanks for the info.