Fire box numbering

I have a vf post that came originally with one of the ERS electronic police/fire faceplates, and it had a tag on it numbered 2110, I've never seen a zero used before, that I remember, since how would a code wheel on a mechanical box send a signal of zero exactly? if it is signalled out as 10 I can see that and the 2,1,1 are low enough there's space on the code wheel for enough notches to do it.

Its  a valid number for the box since it's obviously tagged with it on the faceplate, but also the box lookup database does show 3 boxes numbered 2110 exist. Using street view for these 3 locations it is extremely likely the post I have came from the Bronx at what appears to have been under the Willis Ave Bridge, but street view of the area is spotty because it shows only a distant, perimeter view of the  large area around there consisting of basically vacant/bare industrial type land, so there's no view available under the bridge area that might show the post standing there, and there's none I could see on the bridge deck.
It also looks like at some point  132nd st was cut into 2 dead ends at the bridge, and the Google car didn't go very far down them.
it might explain why the post was painted black and later removed.

Box Number Location Borough

2110 WILLIS AVE 100'S OF E 132 ST Bronx
2110 RIVERDALE AVE at OSBORN ST Brooklyn
2110 ROCKAWAY BLVD at 86 ST Queens

Attachments

• 2110.jpg
    2110.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 504
FD347 said:
Zeros are coded out as 10.

Oh I see, it must not be a very common number in the city but obviously it exists,  thanks for the response Frank.

I sort of gathered  that box numbers assigned to a location don't (or rarely) get changed, even if the box is removed the location still uses the number, so it would be highly probable the post I have came from Willis Ave and about 100 feet South of 132nd in the Bronx as the database shows.

I google street viewed the other two locations and they have O'Brien type boxes that look like they have been there quite a while.