FIRE FIGHTER II Launched

Bulldog

Bulldog
Does anyone know the delivery schedule for this boat?  If it follows the same schedule as 343 is should be delivered very soon.

Was talking with the crew of 343 last weekend at the Intrepid appreciation day, They said she is not due to arrive in NY for a few more months and 343 in service date is now pushed back till Sept, due to training schedules

Over 50 Million for these two boats, think it was kind of a waste especially at these times.

Bulldog

Bulldog
MP1234 said:
Over 50 Million for these two boats, think it was kind of a waste especially at these times.
I'm not quite sure why you say that.  We certainly would have been nice to have on 9/11.  Like all of their fire equipment most people think they are a waste until they are needed, then it's too late.

He'd rather keep a 70 year old relic (current Marine 9) than have a state of the art piece of apparatus that was paid for by grant money, I guess. Takes all kinds.

Homeland Security paid for them, rather see the money used in NYC or similar type city, then volli depts in rural america

I was talking to the pilot of the "Three Forty Three" saturday....they were delayed 45 minutes because of a fuse problem....that was literally the size of thumb USB drive. That wouldn't have happened on the Mckean or the Fighter. I'll take tried and trusted even if it's 70+ years old over new and untested.

That,s why 343 Is Not, Repeat Not in service yet. rather have it delayed 45 minutes during training period, so the men can learn the in and outs of her. Nothing is tried an true until its put thru its testing stage,Don't forget 50 plus years ago the McKean and Firefighter were also untried