Fire location Officer

When listening to the Manhattan 7th alarm- I heard a chief(not sure if it were a Batt. or division ) assigned as the Fire location Chief. What exactly his his job function and is it usually a Batt or Div.Chief.First time  I ever heard that term used. Probaly miised it on other jobs.. that's for your help.

FF LOCATOR OFFICER - For 10-66 - Missing Member.

That BC runs that search operation for the missing FF.

nap72 said:
FF LOCATOR OFFICER - For 10-66 - Missing Member.

That BC runs that search operation for the missing FF.

Thank you "nap72". I had never heard of that position also.

A link to the "books"

http://firetesttaking.com/pdfs/firefightingprocedures/mmid_ch_5.pdf

A Battalion Chief shall be designated as the Firefighter Locator Officer, who shall coordinate all efforts to establish the victim?s last seen point and assist the Resource Unit Leader (RUL) in conducting a roll call of units. The Firefighter Locator Officer shall also coordinate with the Medical Branch Director or Medical Group Supervisor as to the descriptions, identity, and location of all members who have been removed from the scene by EMS or other resources. Most of the time, one of the Chiefs already on-scene ill be designated as the Firefighter Locator Officer, with their prior assignment designated to one of the additional Chiefs. If no on-scene Chiefs are available for this assignment, one of the additional Chiefs shall immediately be assigned this duty.

3. RESPONSE
3.1 Transmission of signal 10-66 will automatically cause the response of the following:
 The next higher full alarm assignment, and response of all of its associated resources.
  - 2 Battalion Chiefs in addition to those assigned as part of the extra alarm:
  - The first Battalion Chief shall be designated as the FAST Group Supervisor.
  - The second Battalion Chief shall be designated as the Firefighter Locator Officer.
Note: These positions may already be filled by on-scene Chief Officers, in which case the IC may re-designate these additional Battalion Chiefs. Acting Battalion Chiefs shall not be assigned as a FAST Group Supervisor or Firefighter Locator Officer.