Fleet Friday FDNY SPECIAL UNIT COMPARTMENTS

First, thanks Skyler for another great fleet Friday video.

Just a couple things to add regarding the SOC pay discussion. My understanding is the department has baseline salaries which are then adjusted upward (called a "differential") for various classes of positions. In addition to the SOC differential of 12%, there are differentials for CFR-D members, chauffeurs, as well as various differentials for service time. There may be other differentials as well, I'm not sure. My understanding is the squad chauffeur is the highest paid non-officer on the job, as they get all three of the SOC, CFR-D, and chauffeur differentials (given that squads are engines and do CFR-D, this wouldn't apply for example to the rescue chauffeur).

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

First, thanks Skyler for another great fleet Friday video.

Just a couple things to add regarding the SOC pay discussion. My understanding is the department has baseline salaries which are then adjusted upward (called a "differential") for various classes of positions. In addition to the SOC differential of 12%, there are differentials for CFR-D members, chauffeurs, as well as various differentials for service time. There may be other differentials as well, I'm not sure. My understanding is the squad chauffeur is the highest paid non-officer on the job, as they get all three of the SOC, CFR-D, and chauffeur differentials (given that squads are engines and do CFR-D, this wouldn't apply for example to the rescue chauffeur).

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
Question: How come the SOC Support Trucks don’t get a “differential”?

yes, great videos keep it up. but I still think their second piece can be a little more robust. Also, are squad consider to be paramedic level as well? last, but not least are they trained to handle tactical situations

yes, great videos keep it up. but I still think their second piece can be a little more robust. Also, are squad consider to be paramedic level as well? last, but not least are they trained to handle tactical situations
No paramedics are on the fire side. Paramedics that took promotion to fire can keep the cert up but can not operate. What you mean by tactical situations? EMS Rescue Medics are trained to work with Rescue & Squad.

what Certs do the rescue guys have that squad companies do not I think off the top of my head I believe it’s scuba and possibly high angle rescue

what Certs do the rescue guys have that squad companies do not I think off the top of my head I believe it’s scuba and possibly high angle rescue
Squad companies do all the same as rescues except for scuba diving.