Hartford, CT - Working Fire 10-08-13 (Delayed)

Date: 10-08-13
Time: 10:23hrs.
Area: Frog Hollow
Description Of Incident: Engine 15 o/s transmitting a 10-3(Working Fire) for smoke showing from the 2nd floor of a 3-story wood-frame OMD. District 1 o/s requesting a 4th Engine S/C for R.I.T. and a 5th Engine S/C for Rehab. Heavy fire in the rear, "C" side on all floors. Companies using defensive exterior attack. Numerous L/S/O's w/Ladder Companies opening up. All hands working. Originally reported as a basement fire. All searches negative w/no injuries reported.
Units Operating: HFD; HPD; Aetna EMS

Box Assignment:

Engine 15, Engine 10, Engine 5, Engine 9(S/C R.I.T.)
Ladder 2, Ladder 5
Tac. 1
District 1

10-3(Working Fire) Assignment:

Engine 7(Rehab.)
District 2
Car 2(AC)
Rehab. Unit
Special Services Unit

This was not the normal first alarm assignment for this fire as companies were OOS for training of tied up on other calls. Both district chiefs were also unavailable at the start of this call. District 1 left a MVA truck rollover on I84 to respond to this fire. Mutual aid was also put on standby due to the fire and numerous other calls in the city at the same time.

patrickfd said:
This was not the normal first alarm assignment for this fire as companies were OOS for training of tied up on other calls. Both district chiefs were also unavailable at the start of this call. District 1 left a MVA truck rollover on I84 to respond to this fire. Mutual aid was also put on standby due to the fire and numerous other calls in the city at the same time.
Thank you, Pat. Was wondering were some companies, like Engine 8 were. Forgot to put that D1 responded from 84, and I believe T1 did as well.

Some great shots by the way, Pat! Sean(hartfordonfire) did nice work as well!