High Pressure Hose

I have read a number of times that the 2,000 gpm high pressure pumpers carry special high pressure hose when operating with the third impeller to produce 250 psi. How much  high pressure hose is carried on each pumper and where is it stored ?

The hose is now red jacketed, with white anodized butts, to distinguish it from conventional hose. Only around 200' is carried, usually kept straight rolled in officers side pump panel compartments or flat loaded on chauffeur's side shelf, below the hard suction (where other engines carry high rise bundles).

Last edited:
3rd stage pumpers have the ability to push around 600psi in the 3rd stage I believe it’s 600

The hose is now red jacketed, with white anodized butts, to distinguish it from conventional hose. Only around 200' is carried, usually kept straight rolled in officers side pump panel compartments or flat loaded on chauffeur's side shelf, below the hard suction (where other engines carry high rise bundles).
Those are roll ups on the officers side . Used for standpipe jobs. The green roll up is for residential high rises. It’s a 2in hose and commercial is colored white and is 2.5 inch hose. The high pressure hose Is normally flat loaded on the chauffeurs side. It’s the red lengths. The white colored discharge signifies high pressure

Just so I’m not missing any, the only HP discharges are on the officer side and rear? Correct?

3rd stage pumpers have the ability to push around 600psi in the 3rd stage I believe it’s 600
I believe its 500 gpm at 750 psi. I had a chance a while ago to look at the pump panel on the Engine 4 KME with a Wterous pump and it indicated 2,000 gpm at 150 psi and at the low end 500 gpm at 750 psi.