Illinois refinery explosion

Reports of an explosion and fire at the Senaca Refinery, 12460 New Road, Lemont. Per command Citgo fire is running the operation with 2 master streams and a foam operation. Update as of noon CST watching a non audio video feed there appears to have been construction work of some sort in the area, various vehicles are visible. Fire is out.

Last edited:
Any idea if any Chicago ARFF units responded from Midway? I know they've gone mutual aid for industrial fires before, and Midway isn't all that far if I'm not mistaken.

Any idea if any Chicago ARFF units responded from Midway? I know they've gone mutual aid for industrial fires before, and Midway isn't all that far if I'm not mistaken.
The incident was dealt with in a reasonably short period of time it appears if it came in around 10 and at noon it appeared under control.

Airports typically have AFFF mil spec foam. For industrial fires such as this a much thicker foam is required with a longer drain down time