KEEP BUFF CARS OFF THE FIRE BLOCK

In Reply # 25 of Manhattan 4th Alarm - 1/5/21, member "Fdny000" posted Two Photos of what apparently is a known "Buffs Car". In that photo it shows the Buff Car double parked within the fire block. That car prevents additional units from coming into the block or the proper placement of fire apparatus for firefighting and the rescue of citizens.

As a buff myself for many years, I would park a few blocks from the incident and usually on a side street, so that additional fire apparatus and firefighters can get into the scene to do their firefighting and life saving jobs.

Also as a firefighter, not only myself, but other firefighters as well, can surely relate to being delayed or obstructed because where a buff parked his car and created that issue.

In firefighting, there are NO TIME OUTs. Every Second Counts. Sometimes people die because of a delay. You, could be the cause of that.

In addition to that, YOU could find yourself, and your car blocked in by additional fire apparatus or hose in the street. I can assure you, there will be NO Sympathy given to you by the Firefighters as well as maybe the victims.

Something else to think about. Could You as a Buff be liable for the death or deaths of a fire victim ? Maybe !!!!!!

If you are a Buff and a member of this site, You Are Requested To Follow This SIMPLE Advice. Also please spread the word to other buffs as well.

Thank you to our member "FDNY000" for posting those photos. Hopefully, a learning experience for some. Maybe a Life Saving experience for others.