KIDDE EXTINGUISHER RECALL.

https://www.kidde.com/home-safety/en/us/support/product-alerts/recall-kidde-fire-extinguisher/

Good work on posting this, Chief.  I just wish the media would take seriously this sort of thing and make more people aware.

manhattan said:
Good work on posting this, Chief.  I just wish the media would take seriously this sort of thing and make more people aware.
I actually have one that is on the list (manufactured in 2015)....i followed the prompts to register on the computer....just a few steps....they said they would ship me a new one in a week or two with instructions on what to do with the old one...lets see what happens.

68jk09 said:
manhattan said:
I actually have one that is on the list (manufactured in 2015)....i followed the prompts to register on the computer....just a few steps....they said they would ship me a new one in a week or two with instructions on what to do with the old one...lets see what happens.

After posting about this in News & Events on 11/2/17 I also realized that I had an extinguisher purchased about 25 yrs ago that needed to be exchanged. After contacting Kidde I got a new one (via FedEx) in about 45 days. You use the box the new extinguisher came in & the enclosed label to return the old one.

I had two: a 10BC in the kitchen and an ABC upstairs.  The process was very easy and I got both replacements today, one week after I did the paperwork on line.  Very impressed with the process.

I registered online on 1-29-18 when i posted this thread...got my new replacement 4-19-18 along with instructions on how to return the recalled one which is basically pack it in the box the new replacement came in & contact Fed Ex to come & get it.

I had three and I submitted it when it originally came out maybe in November but I never got anything .... realized one day in February while cleaning I never got them ... so I re-submitted and got three replacements a week later and sent all three back as instructed with no issues.