L.A. County's Rescue 8

Before a movie called "Burn", about the Arson problem of Detroit. Before a movie called "Ladder 49", about the Baltimore Fire Department. Before a movie called "Backdraft", about the Chicago Fire Department. Before a TV series called "Rescue 911". Before a TV Series called "Emergency". And before the FDNYs War Years, a 9 year old, "NFD2004", would sit on his living room floor with some crackers and milk every week to watch a TV show called "Rescue 8". A Black and White TV show about a Rescue Squad in the Los Angeles County Fire Department. Rescue 8 was one of 27 such units attached to the Los Angeles County Fire Department operated by two firefighters, "Wes" and "Skip".

If you remember this show, you need to check to see if your AARP card is up to date. And you probably remember when gas was 29 cents a gallon. And you remember the night that the U.S.A. took the first step on the moon. You might remember when you didn't have to lock your doors. And when you got in trouble for chewing gum in school instead of carrying a gun to school.

Well if you remember that, you might (should) remember this.

Part 1:
  www.youtube.com/watch?v=38a_hks69Ko

Part 2:
  www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB6sZ0cYlIU

"A Man never makes it in life until he can shake hands with disappointment" ! Great line of wisdom from Hollywood. Also the rookie left the FD and became Sheriff of Hazard County! James Best was the actor that played Roscoe P Coltrane on the Dukes of Hazzard!

I guess I had to be in 6th or 7th grade when I made sure to watch this show on the Admiral 13 inch screen with the rabbit ears on top of the TV. Thanks for the memory NFD.