Limited expressway response in New York Area

Hello, how do Fire/EMS responses work in the New York Area work? Is it like in the Chicago Area where the response is based on who has the easiest accesses to that part of the Highway even if it's well outside the towns normal area? Thanks.

In general, if the response is between two exits that are each located in a separate town/jurisdiction, one department goes north and the other south. The Bronx and Westchester County have a couple parkways and highways where FDNY goes north and Yonkers or New Rochelle go south. With the advent of Enhanced 911 and pinpoint plotting, some towns/jurisdictions (not sure about FDNY) will only send one department if multiple calls plot well into their jurisdiction. Situation dependent.

In general, if the response is between two exits that are each located in a separate town/jurisdiction, one department goes north and the other south. The Bronx and Westchester County have a couple parkways and highways where FDNY goes north and Yonkers or New Rochelle go south. With the advent of Enhanced 911 and pinpoint plotting, some towns/jurisdictions (not sure about FDNY) will only send one department if multiple calls plot well into their jurisdiction. Situation dependent.
So it doesn't meter if the access portion might favor a FD they have go outside there normal jurisdiction? And by accesses portion I mean it's easier for Department A to get on then department B. Thanks.

So it doesn't meter if the access portion might favor a FD they have go outside there normal jurisdiction? And by accesses portion I mean it's easier for Department A to get on then department B. Thanks.
I can’t speak for FDNY. From what I‘m familiar with is if access is better for Department B, even though it’s in Town A, then B will respond along with Town A. Some areas may have 5 miles between exits. If unknown exact location, they will respond with A coming one way and B the other way. If it’s only 1/2 mile from an exit and well into Town A, then A may handle it. Again, situation dependent. HOPEFULLY, the piece with the quickest response time will be sent, forgetting towns, districts, and even state lines! But…

I can’t speak for FDNY. From what I‘m familiar with is if access is better for Department B, even though it’s in Town A, then B will respond along with Town A. Some areas may have 5 miles between exits. If unknown exact location, they will respond with A coming one way and B the other way. If it’s only 1/2 mile from an exit and well into Town A, then A may handle it. Again, situation dependent. HOPEFULLY, the piece with the quickest response time will be sent, forgetting towns, districts, and even state lines! But…
Mind me asking how it would work with State Lines? Would the Dispatcher of one state call the Dispatcher of another and dispatch the companies via that dispatcher and just change radio frequencies once they cross state lines?

Always 1&1 in each direction no matter if direction is given. 1&1 must always remain on scene for protection