Matzelei Aish Orthodox Fire Safety Group

RCL

Don't they need some official State approval to conduct themselves as a Fire Department ?
I honestly don't know. From what I read online after doing a Google search, thers a lot more to the story. Basically in a nutshell, there is a large Orthodox community. The local FD was recruiting from that community as well as others. Everything was going well and the community had several members in the VFD. Apparently some of the community elders, wanted full rabbinic oversight of the VFD. Basically they had issues with Orthodox members doing certain things on the Sabbath, appearing in videos or pics related tonthe VFD etc. FD said no. So the community is starting their own emergency services. In the mean time some of the more radical community members have taken it upon themselves to demonstrate in front of the VFD, and apparently harassing the VFD.

They already lost a brave young Lieutenant from Spring Valley 3 years ago as a result of corrupt building code and fire code enforcement ( Google it ). Most of Ramapo is infected with corruption and influence from several of these religious groups who constantly try to usurp and bend the laws.

My neighborhood abutted New Square. You would think an entire insulated and walked in community would have their own FD and they don’t.

On Friday nights they used to block the only entrance and exit with monsey trails busses. Hillcrest FD would have soo many issues with them

They already lost a brave young Lieutenant from Spring Valley 3 years ago as a result of corrupt building code and fire code enforcement ( Google it ). Most of Ramapo is infected with corruption and influence from several of these religious groups who constantly try to usurp and bend the laws.
I went back last March for the first time in roughly 15 years and they bought EVERYWHERE, it was sooooo crazy

RCL

This is a real head shaker for me. Maybe I am not well versed with this sect but wow.
This is just me. But the real orthodox leaders, that think anything that goes against their word is wrong, are the problem. They think that there should be special provisions just for their Orthodox members. Pretty sure facial hair is in their somewhere for example. I can understand that they can't do certain things on certain days because of their religion. Which is fine. What's not fine, is expecting emergencies to work around someone's schedule because of their belief. I don't think they understand that portion.

Here's an interesting question. If one of those issues was driving a unit back from a call on the Sabbath, how are they getting their units back? Are they abandoning them until Sun, or they not responding at all?