members welfare

just passing along this update...
All,
I was just advised that Ret FDNY Captain John Vigiano, Sr, (who lost his two sons, NYPD Det Joseph Vigiano and FDNY FF John Vigiano, in the September 11, 2001 attack on the World Trade Center) has been admitted to Sloan Kettering Memorial Cancer Center. While I thought he has been doing better, he is suffering from non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and I was advised that his condition is now grave. Your prayers are needed.
If anyone can provide any updates, please advise.
FYI
Billy G

L-103(ret) said:
All,
I was just advised that Ret FDNY Captain John Vigiano, Sr, (who lost his two sons, NYPD Det Joseph Vigiano and FDNY FF John Vigiano, in the September 11, 2001 attack on the World Trade Center) has been admitted to Sloan Kettering Memorial Cancer Center. While I thought he has been doing better, he is suffering from non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and I was advised that his condition is now grave. Your prayers are needed.
FYI
Billy G

God Bless, Thoughts & Prayers for Capt. 'Vig' & Loved Ones.

L-103(ret) said:
All,
FYI
Billy G
This message emanated from an NYPD group last week it has been corrected as far as the condition ....stable not grave...it was a possible expected reaction to the chemo still a tough situation though...continue the Prayers..... also no visitors requested....... Anyone who wishes
to assist with transportation can call John Atwell at (516) 724-6410,
or email him at atwellfamily@verizon.net    .......  More info  http://nycfire.net/forums/index.php?topic=28423.msg94589 

many thanks for the update and transportation information Chief.  John has been and will continued to be in my prayers. After retiring he wrote a great article for WNYF on scissor ladders.