MOST ACTIVE BOX IN MANHATTAN

Does anyone know the most active box/boxes in Manhattan for:
  A:  Fire response
  B:  EMS response
  C:  10-92's?

Even if official figures aren't kept in this manner, perhaps someone on the job has an idea.

This is just going to be a theory, look at the run statistics for the companies in the borough. Although you have companies like L-2 and L-4 doing a ton of Class 3's you could consider them fire runs. Hence the busiest box would be in midtown. About the best I can suggest to you for a pattern of research.

I don't think anyone keeps stats like that. As suggested by my friend, 150, the midtown Class E's would probably rank up there. I don't know if it's still like it was when I was there, but every day between 8 and 9 AM, as businesses open, the same alarms would come in. 55 Water St (Box 24 terminal 20, it's ingrained in my mind even after all these years!) was a daily occurrence, as was the Kenmare Hotel, The Bowery Mission, etc.

Try listening for patterns like this.

I know you used to be able to search the intranet at the fire house and get a print out of runs during a range of dates. I was searching a particular box because of excessive EMS runs to document our responses. I guess you would need all the Manhattan box numbers, and search them all for a set range of dates to came up with the most active.

If you are doing that try the 700 and 800 range of Manhattan box numbers.  They are all in Mid-Town.

When I worked in Manhattan, the boxes beaten into our heads were 684, terminal 1. (Bellevue Mens Shelter), 715(Empire State Building), and up until that morning 7 years ago, 8084 and 8087, 1 and 2 WTC respectively. It actually got to a point where the Alarm Company would call and tell us the Box number, and we could finish off the rest of the call without the operator saying a word. 684, Terminal 1, 400 thru 430 East 30 Street, 1st Avenue, Automatic, Bellevue Mens Shelter, New York Merchants....

On the subject of 10-35 code 2s, I hear ERS Box 610 (VA Medical Center), Class 3 Box 684, Class 3 Box 8158 (Bellevue Hospital).  Not a day seems to go by without at least 1 of these going off or hearing TL7's EQ2B racing to one of them.  ERS/Class 3 Box 8156 (Goldwater Hospital on Roosevelt Island) also seems to go out a lot.

As for 10-92s, sometimes seems like every box that Battalion 13 gets after 8 pm is either a 10-92 or a 10-75...