Nassau County Cop Shot to Death 10/23/12

QUOTE.....Cop and motorist killed on Cross Island Parkway.

Cops are hunting house to house in Queens Village for a man who shot and killed a Nassau County cop and a motorist on a Long Island parkway Tuesday.
The deadly encounter occurred after two emergency services officers spotted an accident on the Cross Island Parkway at Jamaica Ave. near the Queens border shortly after 11 a.m., police sources said.
As the cops approached the accident, a man emerged and opened fire ? striking the officer, initially identified by Newsday as Arthur Lopez, an eight-year Nassau police veteran.
The suspect then shot and killed the other motorist before stealing his car and speeding away, sources said.
The cop was rushed to North Shore Long Island Jewish Hospital, where he died.
Police, who shut down the parkway, were still probing the circumstances of the shooting, and were pursuing the suspect in an area centered on a green two-story house on 209th St. near 112th Ave. in Queens Village. Cops in full riot gear stormed the house, then went house to house in the search.
The search continued a few blocks away on 114th Ave. and 223rd St. Police were at the scene, but details on how the address is related were not immediately
UNQUOTE.........REST IN PEACE TO OUR BROTHER IN BLUE...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/171230/nypd-joins-search-for-gunman-who-killed-nassau-county-officer?ap=1&MP4

10-23-12......1830 hrs ......Scumbag in custody at 111 Ave & 173 St w/2 gunshot wounds....... enroute to Jamaica Hosp.

I will admit I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. This individual SHOT AND KILLED a police officer, explain to me the justification to transport the perp to a hospital for treatment of his wounds, treatment that will surely be paid for by taxpayers. Plus he faces 2 murder charges, I am sure he will be defended by a lawyer paid for by, yes the taxpayers. Please explain this to me, I do not have medical insurance, we paid a lawyer to sue a bank that kept money from the sale of our house. I guess I am on the wrong side of the law