New Book

Out of the Ashes is an apparatus history of the Atalanta Fire Department written by Bob Gish a 30 year veteran of the AFD.  It is well written, originally presented and full of great pictures and information.

It is published by M.T. Publishing of Evansville, Ind.  Their website is mtpublishing.com.

Maxim said:
Out of the Ashes is an apparatus history of the Atalanta Fire Department written by Bob Gish a 30 year veteran of the AFD.  It is well written, originally presented and full of great pictures and information.

It is published by M.T. Publishing of Evansville, Ind.  Their website is mtpublishing.com.

The same Publishing Company has announced a new book to be released shortly. The title: "Scenes From A War" (as in the FDNY War Years). Photography done by Steven Scher and Comments by Jimmy Breslin. The order deadline is September 15, 2015. Info online at mtpublishing.com . Or by calling 888-263-4702, Monday-Friday 8am -4:30 pm (Central time).

Cost is $69.95 Bonded Leather Edition or $37.50 Deluxe Standard.

http://mtpublishing.com/index.php/soon/scenes-from-a-war-the-new-york-city-fire-department.html

1261Truckie said:
Thanks for the heads up on the new book, Bill. Looks like a "gotta have"

As I see it, "1261Truckie" has got that right.

Just as Mike says, Steven published another book called: "Fire".

This latest will be added to my collection, including "Fire", along with Mike's Book: "New Yorks Bravest - their lives on the line".

At least for me, "a PRICELESS COLLECTION" that can NOT be replaced".

Steve also published a book "New York City Firefighting 1901-2001". The publisher is Arcadia Press, who also did " Historic Fires of New York City", as well as "The Great Fires of Lynn."