New Fdny Mobile Ambulance Buses

Ok so i heard fdny has 9 of these on order,anyone hear anything about it??

dsc0311kq.jpg

It's probably going to be a M.E.R.V.  There is one in each boro now and currently there is no spare. So I would guess they will replace the oldest with this and use the former for a spare.

I don't know if this helps or not, but I was recently talking to a Lt in FDNY/EMS Station 20 in the Bronx. I was told that a NEW vehicle is on order to come into that station.

Anesti, thanks for providing us with that picture.

nfd2004 said:
I don't know if this helps or not, but I was recently talking to a Lt in FDNY/EMS Station 20 in the Bronx. I was told that a NEW vehicle is on order to come into that station.

Anesti, thanks for providing us with that picture.

But if its 9 its alot. Also someone else said maybe a mrtu for each boro. Also the merv's arent that old with the exception of Merv 2.

The only thing I can think of is federal money - New Jersey EMS Task Force is currently accepting delivery of 11 of these around the state.  A lot of times the feds say "we think you should buy these, here's a pile of money".  The catch is, you can only use the money for what the feds say, or you lose it.  So if this is true, it may be a case of FDNY saying "we don't really need these, but if they're FREE, what the hell?".

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
I can see them getting more mrtu units. They have been using the one alot at multiples. 

that does not look like an FDNY apparatus. There is a name on the back section and the patch sure is not FDNY's. I think it says Loudoun County

H & L 147 said:
that does not look like an FDNY apparatus. There is a name on the back section and the patch sure is not FDNY's. I think it says Loudoun County

im sorry H &L 147, that picture is for reference. Ive should have mentioned that.