New London Fireboat???

Yesterday as we were leaving on the ferry from New london to Orient Point, I saw a red and white boat (on the north side of the river) with Rescue written on it.  Is this a New London boat?

kfd274 said:
Yesterday as we were leaving on the ferry from New london to Orient Point, I saw a red and white boat (on the north side of the river) with Rescue written on it.  Is this a New London boat?

Kevin, I'm very sure that New London does NOT have a fire boat. The reason is that there is a small Coast Guard Station right there. It might have been one of the  department's from Groton either career or Volunteer. It almost sounds like the boat that Norwich has. Theirs is red and white, but I'm not sure if it says Rescue on the side.

If it is the boat from Norwich, unless they were called down there, if they decided to take a summer cruise, I just hope the boss doesn't find out about it. The boat is cross manned by on duty firefighters assigned to one of the Engine companies. Its about a 15 mile trip down the river.

"Bxboro" is a career firefighter in Groton. If anybody knows, he would.

Bill, 

I saw the boat there on Thursday when I arrived in New London and then again on Monday night, so if they were "cruising", they took a few days vacation.  ;D ;D

Hope all is going well with you.

By the way, is there going to be a Fall get together?

KFD

The new Mystic FD fireboat is supposed to cover from the Thames River (New London) to the Pawctuck River (Rhode Island border).  Perhaps they were doing familiarization.