New Rescues in Production

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvsZgUdl5R2/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=4emcae3tsfjh

New pics of R5.

Is Rescue 5 the only 1 done yet? Also does anyone know if they made any changes to these new Rescues?

BCR

Not sure how to share the Facebook link. Also in the comments a few people are saying that the current rescues when replaced are going to remain fully stocked. I would have to guess that wouldn?t be the case but maybe someone was could elaborate that knows more than I

BCR said:

Not sure how to share the Facebook link. Also in the comments a few people are saying that the current rescues when replaced are going to remain fully stocked. I would have to guess that wouldn?t be the case but maybe someone was could elaborate that knows more than I
. Yes , that is true ,each Rescue will be keep their old rig as a fully equipped spare , will make doing a rig change over super quick and also SOC will be able to staff an addition Rescue comp much quicker too....like R-6 is used now .  For major incidents, high profile events , POTUS standbys . As it is now , there are 3 rescue spare rigs and one reserve (R-6) ,so by doing this they are only adding one ...maybe two ( they might still keep the Pierce as a spare ) rigs to the fleet .

Bulldog

Bulldog
TLTruckie said:
BCR said:

. Yes , that is true ,each Rescue will be keep their old rig as a fully equipped spare , will make doing a rig change over super quick and also SOC will be able to staff an addition Rescue comp much quicker too....like R-6 is used now .  For major incidents, high profile events , POTUS standbys . As it is now , there are 3 rescue spare rigs and one reserve (R-6) ,so by doing this they are only adding one ...maybe two ( they might still keep the Pierce as a spare ) rigs to the fleet .
That's certainly going to increase the cost of buying the new rescues considerably. I have no idea what the total cost of equipment they curious but I'm sure several hundred thousand dollars at least.

I did speak to a Lt. at R-4 a while back and the long term goal is to have all the Rescues like Rescue 2 and 3 were they are alone and the Collapse Rescue in the same house.

The new R5 is wending its way toward its new home . . . stopped in Tennessee for the night.  Terry Stokes photos. Probably the last time you'll ever see a photo of this rig with the back doors closed.

Bulldog

Bulldog
That series of photos of R-5 traveling to New York are interesting. Every other FDNY vehicle has had all of their FDNY emblems covered while being transported. This 1 doesn't, I wonder what story behind that is?

raybrag said:
The new R5 is wending its way toward its new home . . . stopped in Tennessee for the night.  Terry Stokes photos. Probably the last time you'll ever see a photo of this rig with the back doors closed.

☝️ Winter is coming and the doors will be closed.