NEW RESCUES!!!

I just herd that they are also getting new rescues :eek:. 1 for the bronx, brooklyn, queens and 1 spare.

I have seen information on another site that bids were sent out for 5 new rescues!

J

johnmiles

ailc307 said:
I have seen information on another site that bids were sent out for 5 new rescues!

i dont know if its the same thing we read but i think bids are going out for a new collapse rescue 3 & 5 to (im not sure how true this is). i still dont know why they just didnt replace them with the mack/ferrara ones that came in 2005.

If I remember correctly either EMTBravo or Fireengines.net!

I dont really remember which one it was.  Someone had posted some info, they also said they had sent out bids for another new Haz-Mat!

This was posted a while back maybe around the 1st of the year,

Tom (guitarman), help me out on this one if you can, do you recall seeing it, maybe it was something redlight posted!

J

johnmiles

ailc307 said:

I dont really remember which one it was.  Someone had posted some info, they also said they had sent out bids for another new Haz-Mat!

Tom (guitarman), help me out on this one if you can, do you recall seeing it, maybe it was something redlight posted!

i had a link that that the same 2 story's  for new rescues and collapse units i had bookedmarked it but deleted it. im trying to squeeze my brain to get some info im sure it wasnt emtbravo or fireengines

johnmiles said:
ailc307 said:

i had a link that that the same 2 story's  for new rescues and collapse units i had bookedmarked it but deleted it. im trying to squeeze my brain to get some info im sure it wasnt emtbravo or fireengines

I can see it just like it was yesterday, but for the life of me, I cant remember what site it was on, because I even replied asking if maybe there was a chance of Haz-Mat 2 coming online.

J

johnmiles

ailc307 said:
johnmiles said:
ailc307 said:

I can see it just like it was yesterday, but for the life of me, I cant remember what site it was on, because I even replied asking if maybe there was a chance of Haz-Mat 2 coming online.

it was an fdny update site with a black background it had some worker stats and some random news

could it have been nyfd.com? from what i have heard the rescue 1 guys are loving the Pierce i dont think they'll get a new rig

J

ja488

johnmiles said:
ailc307 said:

i dont know if its the same thing we read but i think bids are going out for a new collapse rescue 3 & 5 to (im not sure how true this is). i still dont know why they just didnt replace them with the mack/ferrara ones that came in 2005.

Mabe because the Mack/Ferrara collapse rigs are for RC-1,2 and 4. Besides, R-3s collapse tractor is less than 7 years old.

J

JuniorBuff88

RPM3311 said:
could it have been nyfd.com? from what i have heard the rescue 1 guys are loving the Pierce i dont think they'll get a new rig

The Pierce rescue 1 has been o/o/s for some time due to an accident and has been running with the ''Spirit Of Oklahoma''

JuniorBuff88 said:
RPM3311 said:

The Pierce rescue 1 has been o/o/s for some time due to an accident and has been running with the ''Spirit Of Oklahoma''

That doesnt mean they have had problems with it, its not the rigs fault they got in an accident, from what I have heard from guys at R1 they love it.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Has anyone found in more information on this?  From what I've read the existing rescues are experiencing an awful lot of out of service time and replacements are desperately needed.  Has anyone heard any recent feedback on the Pierce?  I know the early reports were very positive.