New Seagraves

The last of the 2008s are Engines 301 160 250 216 304 290 81 and 92. I dont know the shop numbers on these new engines

E 250- new Seagrave is in service
E 160- new radio being installed
The other six I'm not sure where. A few possibly here and the rest at seagrave plant

l'm confused by "right colors", is there such a thing?
What 747 is referring to is from helmet front pieces that identify the company. Black panel with white numbers is for an engine company. Red panel with white numbers is for a ladder company. Blue panel with white numbers is for a rescue company. Yellow for Squad.

What 747 is referring to is from helmet front pieces that identify the company. Black panel with white numbers is for an engine company. Red panel with white numbers is for a ladder company. Blue panel with white numbers is for a rescue company. Yellow for Squad.
Oh man, ok, thanks, now l understand.... l thought "gill" was grill, and l thought he was referring to the numbers on the grills of the new apparatus.... lol, sorry.

He was referring to the numbers on the grilles. Black for engines and red for truck companies. I was just giving you a comparison regarding the colors.

He was referring to the numbers on the grilles. Black for engines and red for truck companies. I was just giving you a comparison regarding the colors.
Oh, ok, sorry again. So hes saying have the grill numbers and the helmet number shields colors match per company type, now l got it. Once again, sorry for my misunderstanding.

Why would this engine be in a private driveway?
The Rigs come unmarked from the factory....they get the decals , numbers and logos on at a sub contractor before delivery...the " sub contractor " lives in a residential neighborhood in Jersey somewhere and puts the decals on at her house . Its not uncommon to have several FDNY rigs parked in her neighborhood . True Story . Shes been lettering FDNY rigs for years .