New SSL/CPC 2nd Pieces.

BCR

Makes sense I think the cpc vehicles are a couple years newer than the ssl's and the crew cab would make more sense for an ssl, I dodnt remember them using the cpc as a fast response

About f@#kin time. They finally realized we needed a bigger box to put all that crap in.

Question.

Maybe Doug or Scott can answer

Why a "crew cab" if only 1 or 2 guys take it at a time?

In the past the SSL Rigs on occasion have been used w/an Officer & 2 FFs on board so i could understand the crew cab.

Probably also the same approach they are taking with the new NYPD ESU trucks and squads. Everything is getting bigger in order to accommodate more man power if/ when something big goes down

There are 12 new units that were in.the lot ......Those 12 units are all scheduled to get radios and no MDTs and are all going to be assigned as SSL units.  Also as far as the 4 door cabs as a few members stated in case of a emergency such as a hurricane , tornado ect these units will be able to respond by themselfs as in the past with a officer and extra firefighters....

BCR

SYRACUSETRUCK3-2010 said:
There's 12 CPC and SSL Units right?  So of the SSL's only 9 are getting replaced?  And what year are the current CPC's?
I think last time I looked there were 25 SSL companys and there were 23 CPC companys plus rescues 1,2,3 & 4 are trained to the cpc level but don't carry the Equiptment. I am assuming the SSL's are being replaced first because they probably see more use than the cpc's , I think most if not all are 2001 Fords where as some of the cpc's are 2005's. When the SSL's are utilized as rapid response vehicles they are assigned an officer and 2 firefighters. I imagine it must have been pretty darn tight with 3 guys in the front seat especially when wearing gear. the addition of the crew cab Im sure will be a welcomed change giving the guys more space, it also gives the dept the option to staff those units with more members if they see the need. If you notice the box is actually Bigger than the current units as well