New Super Pumper??

Is this awesome truck in service yet, where will it be quartered at and will be assigned automatically or have to be special called, thank you.

They spend that much on a truck and can afford to do training on it? Somebody at the top means you get their heads examined for stupid things like this.
Ha! That was the last report on it…. Nothing yet still sitting outside in the lot

Is this awesome truck in service yet, where will it be quartered at and will be assigned automatically or have to be special called, thank you.
My guess is that just like the original super pumper, the rig will be assigned to selected boxes like LGA and JFK.

My guess is that just like the original super pumper, the rig will be assigned to selected boxes like LGA and JFK.
Logistically, the closest quarters to the midpoint between LGA and JFK is Squad 270. It's a double house divided by a wall, with Division 13 on one side. They could easily store it behind the Sedan. Easy access to the Van Wyck Expy. Looks like basic pump operation is the same as any other engine; the only "additionals" are two rear remote controlled monitors and a RC controlled deck pipe. Looks like any school-trained ECC could drive and operate it, so the $$$ for training doesn't seem to fly very well..

Logistically, the closest quarters to the midpoint between LGA and JFK is Squad 270. It's a double house divided by a wall, with Division 13 on one side. They could easily store it behind the Sedan. Easy access to the Van Wyck Expy. Looks like basic pump operation is the same as any other engine; the only "additionals" are two rear remote controlled monitors and a RC controlled deck pipe. Looks like any school-trained ECC could drive and operate it, so the $$$ for training doesn't seem to fly very well..
Hah…. would be backed in there one day and there it would remain, never to see the light of day again….

Bulldog

Bulldog
Just put it on E Bay & maybe some outside Dept (that leans to the bizarre) might "scoop it up" & the money re couped could be used on some Frontline E & Ts.
About the only place other than FDNY that would have use for traffic that would be a refinery or other chemical facility where they have a need for large flows like that.

About the only place other than FDNY that would have use for traffic that would be a refinery or other chemical facility where they have a need for large flows like that.
To my knowledge very few city Depts in the US use high-pressure pumps like these. I doubt they'd be able to find a buyer easily.

Bulldog

Bulldog
To my knowledge very few city Depts in the US use high-pressure pumps like these. I doubt they'd be able to find a buyer easily.
That's why I said only a refinery or other chemical plant like that would be a potential buyer.

Was suppose to get put on all 3rd alarms citywide all depends on who is gonna be the new COD

According to a post from a meeting at the bell club, new Super Pumper is planned to be out into service in the next few months