New Towers

http://www.modelfiretrucks.net/smf/index.php?topic=9527.0 If you read this post you can see that there expected in late March early April

No, it was TL#1, then 14. I believe I still have my first WNYF magazine that talked about the first Tower Ladders arriving. After that I do remember the FDNY ordering like six more. I know Tower Ladder 54 was one of them. Later on Tower Ladder 14, and I believe T.L. 119 got a "Sutphin Tower Ladder". But they were thr only two to get the Sutphin"s. After that Tower Ladder 14 and 163 got that very large ALF Rear Mount Tower. (Yes Johnd, a few of us older folks remember those first TLs---Willy "D")

Here are the original tower ladder companies - information obtained through research at the Mand Library.

Ladder 1 - 1964 Mack C85F/Truco 75' Aerialscope (S#TL1) - Assigned 08/31/64
Ladder 14 - 1966 Mack C85FAPD/Eaton 75' Aerialscope (S#TL2) - Assigned 01/23/67
Ladder 119 - 1969 Mack C85FAPD/Eaton 75' Aerialscope - (MT6901) Assigned 04/11/69
Ladder 127 - 1969 Mack C85FAPD/Eaton 75' Aerialscope - (MT6902) Assigned 05/12/69 (Temporary Assignment)
Ladder 44 - 1969 Mack C85FAPD/Eaton 75' Aerialscope - (MT6902) Assigned 05/23/69 (Above Apparatus Permanent Assignment)
Ladder 14 - 1969 Mack C85FAPD/Eaton 75' Aerialscope - (MT6903) Assigned 08/01/69
Ladder 127 - 1966 Mack C85FAPD/Eaton 75' Aerialscope - (S#TL2) Assigned 09/17/69 (Ex L14)
Training Academy - 1969 Mack C85FAPD/Eaton 75' Aerialscope - (MT6904) Assigned 12/19/69 (Temporary Assignment)
Ladder 105 - 1969 Mack C85FAPD/Eaton 75' Aerialscope - (MT6904) Assigned 12/29/69 (Above Apparatus Permanent Assignment)

No Sir, John D, as you can see from the above, I was completely wrong on TL 54. I thought for sure that was in with the second group of Tower Ladders purchased. Yes, now this confirms it, my memory "is" slipping. Now, lets run this by the readers. The "first 95 Foot Tower Ladder was" ????? I say TL 12. Sound Correct !!!!!

F

FDNY12Truck

In squad 18's case i would just buy the New Seagrave Maulder 2 cab cause the rest of the truck is in good condition.

FDNY12Truck said:
In squad 18's case i would just buy the New Seagrave Maulder 2 cab cause the rest of the truck is in good condition.

that will not work, they may be able to remount the body, but the cab is a whole different story.

F

FDNY12Truck

damn that stink, does anyone know if Squad 18's rig is on the Ordering list do to its big role as a Squad? I know their using Squad 41 old truck. Any info?

Yes 116ff60, thats correct about the first 95 ft Tower Ladders. I remember going over to "The Rock" and photographing both of them. They had just come in. I had forgotten about TL 172. Thanks guy.

S

SFD RS1 N RS2

Well the answer is whenever they get here they get here another words who da f&%& knows

The first of the new 75ft Tower Ladders is going to be assigned to Bureau of Training. Most likely CTS. It is currently at the Seagrave dealership in NJ. The truck looked relatively similar from the rear 3/4. I got a very brief glance of it as I drove past the dealer this afternoon. Only distinct difference it had that made it easily recognizeable was the raised roof. Unfortunately, they no longer allow people to stop off and look at a truck on their lot or even take a picture. Pictures of FDNY trucks (according to the dealer) are not allowed due to national security and people are not allowed to walk on the lot since it is an insurance risk  ::)

S

SFD RS1 N RS2

There is no law anywhere that says that someone can not take a picture of a fire truck.  They (the fire truck)are a public entity.  Just like a firefighter can not expect privacy or not to possibly appear in a photo when he is working, on a car accident, house fire or what have you.  Maybe they frown upon it but they can not say that if you are on a public road way that you can not take a picture of any given fire truck.  I mean how many people have taken pictures of FDNY trucks with no fear of anything happening.  Complete b.s. I will definitely never deal with that dealer even if they are the only dealer left on the face of the earth.  I could keep going but I am not.  Utter nonsense is what it is.  Never ever heard of such a thing. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ::) ::) ::) ??? ??? ??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:

SFD RS1 N RS2 said:
There is no law anywhere that says that someone can not take a picture of a fire truck.  They (the fire truck)are a public entity.  Just like a firefighter can not expect privacy or not to possibly appear in a photo when he is working, on a car accident, house fire or what have you.  Maybe they frown upon it but they can not say that if you are on a public road way that you can not take a picture of any given fire truck.  I mean how many people have taken pictures of FDNY trucks with no fear of anything happening.  Complete b.s. I will definitely never deal with that dealer even if they are the only dealer left on the face of the earth.  I could keep going but I am not.  Utter nonsense is what it is.  Never ever heard of such a thing. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ::) ::) ::) ??? ??? ??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:

I know that as well as pretty much everybody else. Only time photographs are not permitted, is when going over most bridges that have numerous signs stating no photographs and no video. I recently snapped a few pics of FDNY trucks operating at a box. Didn't need to ask permission, and none of the ff's cared at all. Unfortunately it is private property and there is nothing anybody can do. However, if I catch the truck on a test drive on route 18, you can bet I will be in hot pursuit to get a picture of it. I will be passing by the dealer pretty much every day once again when college starts up next week. For those of you ever wondering, this place is (I believe) owned by Seagrave itself. It is where all the FDNY trucks go for repairs when they have issues that can not be fixed by the FDNY shops or are still under manufacturer's warranty. For example, when driving by I saw L 175 and L 158 there.

You are absolutely correct if it is a public vehicle (fire,police,town truck,etc.) and is on PUBLIC property, in MOST states, it is Legal to take a pic of a public owned vehicle, scene shots can be a legal mess without prior permission.

rdm258 said:
You are absolutely correct if it is a public vehicle (fire,police,town truck,etc.) and is on PUBLIC property, in MOST states, it is Legal to take a pic of a public owned vehicle, scene shots can be a legal mess without prior permission.

The whole point several replys earlier, is that the vehicle is on private property at the dealer, and probably still owned by Seagrave until delivered to FDNY.