New Transit Box numbers in Manhattan

I noticed the other day that Manhattan was using 7000 series box numbers for transit responses. When did this go into effect?

It is in all Boros...It started out of the blue about 2 weeks ago w/ Official notification on the dept order coming down only last week......basically as was stated on another site......Sprint (phone service) orchestrated this through the Starfire/911/uct system to assign a NEW box # to Transit Facility stations......the problem is ....since the OLD box # is not on the ticket then a relocator or someone not familiar w/the street location does not have a "route card" to consult.......unless ALL compnies get a printout they do not know what boxes they have 1st 2nd & 3rd due in order to prepare the "route cards".......the old cart before the horse.

Chief, let me look and see how this thing works, as I haven't had a chance to play with it in Starfire yet. I'll have some answers soon. I do remember having a situation not too long ago where some bigwigs from downtown were looking at other subway stuff, like putting CIDS on the ticket for token booth phone numbers, and then any CIDS for the station. I don't know where that went.

I just looked at a couple of these in starfire. It's a 400 box number for Queens, 7000 series box numbers for the other boroughs. The box numbers in Bronx, Bklyn, and Manhattan coincide to the booth numbers. The box location comes up as the subway line and intersection of the station. IE IRT 4-5-6 125 St and Lexington Avenue. If the station has CIDS, it does come up. I think the tickets will be pretty easy to understand. But, that's just me.