New york trip

Ok folks...we are planning a nyc trip nov 21 to 24. There will be 4 of us. Fire museum is one place to visit along witn all the other sites. Any ideas for a decent hotel to stay at?
Thanks

Check out POD Hotels NYC, one on 51st and the other at 35th ave I think. The one at 51st is closed to Engine 8, Ladder 2 Qtrs. Clean and convenient but you have to realize the rooms are small. I have stayed and will stay again. Subway is real close.

I stayed at the Salisbury on 57 Street last February. Near the F train and not far from the N, Q and R stop at 57 and 7. Phone is 212-246-1300.  Down the block from E-23. It's owned by a Baptist Church that's located on floors 1-5, believe it or not.  Price was reasonable, rooms are very large and they have pull out couches for the lucky extra guest.  Only suggestion I have is to ask for a room that faces the rear of the building.  Lots of street noise, even on the 7th floor!  If you have any military or retired military with you, try the  Navy Lodge at Ft Wadsworth on SI.  Right at the Verrazano and about 10 minutes from the ferry.  Phone number is 718-442-0413.  Hope this helps!

bw