News of Members

68jk09

At 77, you are just a kid. You and Willy keep trying to catch up to me. LOL
I will try & catch up but I will be moving slowly as I am in no rush to add years anymore......funny when I was a teenager I wanted to add years to be 17 to go into the USMC....then I wanted more years to take the NYPD & FDNY tests ( for which you had to be 21 back then )......when my years OTJ were winding down I wished I could subtract years from my age to avoid the mandatory Retirement at 65......fact is we can't change anything so I am just happy to be still walking around.

68jk09

Willy Best Wishes for a Happy & Healthy Birthday & Best Wishes for Many More.....if you lived closer I would give you a piece of my Birthday Cake Franny baked yesterday.

nfd2004

THANK YOU ALL FOR THOSE HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES.

You Guys Sure Made My Day.

I am very THANKFUL for what I have and for good friends like you

In my 73 years, I've had over 50 years of being able to buff the FDNY.
The department that I feel is the GREATEST IN THE WORLD.

I was blessed to be able to do the job I loved doing for 30 years
All while learning from the FDNY
For me, as that saying goes: "if you love your job you never work a day in your life"
That's how I look back on it.

Like so many of us, "I wish I could do it all over again".

A new chapter began when I joined this web site, 15 years ago.
I feel I owe it all to our good friend, this site owner, Retired FDNY Captain John Bendick.

Being a part of this web site, for me is; "The gift that just keeps on giving".

Thank you ALL
Big Hugs

THE GRAND POO-BAH,
Mr Willy

mack

Administrator
Please see special thread to celebrate Captain John Benedict's birthday already started in the General Section above.

Signal73

Willy D. This memory came up on my memories on Facebook.
Not a good looking one in the bunch. Frank couldn’t even stay awake 🤣🤣 I know I know Frank you were looking at pics on your camera and Willy didn’t give you the heads up.4D94AA1F-9EA9-4320-82FA-D31E757604E4.jpeg

nfd2004

Willy D. This memory came up on my memories on Facebook.
Not a good looking one in the bunch. Frank couldn’t even stay awake 🤣🤣 I know I know Frank you were looking at pics on your camera and Willy didn’t give you the heads up.View attachment 18569

Yes, I remember that Brad.

It was at New Haven FDs Engine 6 and Truck 4

From left to right:
Then Lt Bill Wargo, I think now Captain of Engine 15, then we have FF Matt Walsh of Rescue 1 (Last I knew he was dating a firefighter in the Bronx), front and center, Brad Young, aka "signal 73".
Next we have Mr Frank Donohue, aka "fdce54", and then Elwood Ervin, aka "CFDMarshall", often called; "the Rev".

Wasn't that the time I said to Frank;
"Don't be nappin' while Wilfred's rappin"