News of Members

If you look back to the very first post on this forum started by WillieD he congratulated me on my daughters marriage in 2013. Well they have two beautiful children and live in south Jersey. Tonight just before 6PM, a tornado touched down and leveled their house. Fortunately, they were in the basement and a neighbor was able to help them out. Every one got out safely TG A tornado was the last thing I would ever think of . They are showing damage there now on the Weather channel

Stay safe everybody

If you look back to the very first post on this forum started by WillieD he congratulated me on my daughters marriage in 2013. Well they have two beautiful children and live in south Jersey. Tonight just before 6PM, a tornado touched down and leveled their house. Fortunately, they were in the basement and a neighbor was able to help them out. Every one got out safely TG A tornado was the last thing I would ever think of . They are showing damage there now on the Weather channel

Stay safe everybody
Thank God everyone's ok. I saw some video of the damage horrendous. I live in Middlesex County its a bad night in NJ. God Bless stay safe.

Thank you, Frank, Willy and Chief JK for the good wishes. As Frank already knows, Kay & I celebrated our 54th anniversary with a visit to Firehouse Coffee 1881 in the 1881 firehouse (can't imagine where they got the name) at Fortress Monroe. Up until the time the fort closed in 2011, its FD was the oldest in the Army, having been established in 1829, ten years after construction of the fort began. The coffee house is in the "new" firehouse, erected in 1881. The fort is full of history . . . it was the only US Army fort with a MOAT, Robert E Lee helped build it, Abe Lincoln slept here, Jefferson Davis was imprisoned here, and it guarded the entrance to the Port of Hampton Roads for almost 200 years. But back to the coffee house . . . their pulled pork sandwich was super good. Maybe it wasn't the fanciest place we've ever celebrated our anniversary, but it was one of the best. BTW: if any of you ever head to this neck of the woods, be sure to let me know, and maybe we can get together.

Attachments

• !!!.jpg
    !!!.jpg
    852.6 KB · Views: 3
  • !!.jpg
    !!.jpg
    846.5 KB · Views: 5
  • !.jpg
    !.jpg
    790 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 4
  • !v.jpg
    !v.jpg
    827.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 3
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 4
As we approach this 20th Anniversary of 9/11, I recently got an interesting story regarding our good friend, Declan B., aka "Irish".

Declan has been a special friend to the FDNY, and to some of us here on this web site. He has also taken part in the Tunnel to Towers run. But recently, due to flight restrictions he has been unable to make his regular visits to NYC.

But he has NOT forgotten 9/11 and in his home country of Ireland he was recently invited to the U.S. Ambassadors Residence in Dublin, Ireland to remember the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 with a good friend who is a firefighter in Dublin.

Earlier in the year Declan designed a coin to mark this anniversary and the money he (and his Dublin Firefighter friend) raised is being donated to the Friends of Firefighters in NYC, which helps members of the FDNY.

Thank you Dec for what you have done. It is OUTSTANDING.

I might also add that those of us who know Declan, will all tell you he sure is a fun guy and a great friend to firefighters here in the U.S.A. as well.

As we approach this 20th Anniversary of 9/11, I recently got an interesting story regarding our good friend, Declan B., aka "Irish".

Declan has been a special friend to the FDNY, and to some of us here on this web site. He has also taken part in the Tunnel to Towers run. But recently, due to flight restrictions he has been unable to make his regular visits to NYC.

But he has NOT forgotten 9/11 and in his home country of Ireland he was recently invited to the U.S. Ambassadors Residence in Dublin, Ireland to remember the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 with a good friend who is a firefighter in Dublin.

Earlier in the year Declan designed a coin to mark this anniversary and the money he (and his Dublin Firefighter friend) raised is being donated to the Friends of Firefighters in NYC, which helps members of the FDNY.

Thank you Dec for what you have done. It is OUTSTANDING.

I might also add that those of us who know Declan, will all tell you he sure is a fun guy and a great friend to firefighters here in the U.S.A. as well.

On this 20th Anniversary of the Attack on America, we take a moment out to say Thank You and to wish Declan Byrne, aka "Irish", a Happy Birthday.

For those who don't know this young man, we call "Dec", he has done so much for the FDNY, as mentioned above. Including taking part in the Tunnel to Towers run, making the trip all the way from Dublin, Ireland over the last few years.

On this very sad and tragic day we remember all those we have lost. As well as those who are still suffering the effects of September 11, 2001.

But on this date, we also need to appreciate what people like Declan Byrne have done in honoring and remembering that painful day.

Declan was a youngster when this event happened. But for those of us who know Dec, he has never mentioned anything about this date being his birthday. He has only mentioned about doing what he can to honor and help those victims of 9/11.

Happy Birthday Dec, and THANK YOU for all you've done for so many people, on the anniversary of Americas saddest day.

Last edited: