NYPD OFFICER STABBED.

PLEASE KEEP OUR BROTHER IN BLUE IN YOUR PRAYERS..............................................................Police Officer Stabbed in Head in East Harlem
By ANDY NEWMAN and JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN
April 17, 2012, 12:41 pm
NY Times

Updated, 1:50 p.m. | A police officer was stabbed in the temple and critically injured by an emotionally disturbed man in East Harlem on Tuesday morning, the police said.

The officer, Eder Loor, 28, was undergoing surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital, Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly said at a briefing at the hospital, adding that the surgeon was ?cautiously optimistic? but that Officer Loor faced at least two hours of surgery.

?The blade penetrated his brain,? Mr. Kelly said.

The suspect, Terrence Hale, 26, who has at least four arrests on his record, including one charging assault with a knife, was quickly apprehended, Mr. Kelly said.

Mr. Kelly said that Officer Loor and his partner, Officer Lukson Merisme, were dispatched to 1945 Third Avenue, at East 107th Street, shortly before 10:30 a.m., on a call from a woman who said her emotionally disturbed son required hospitalization. The officers were met on the sidewalk by Mr. Hale?s mother, entered the building with her and were met by Mr. Hale coming out of the elevator in the lobby, Mr. Kelly said.

Mr. Hale?s mother told him he had to go the hospital, to which Mr. Hale responded, ?I?ll go by myself,? and walked out the door, Mr. Kelly said.

?He had nothing in his hands, but suddenly produced a knife and struck the officer in the left temple,? Mr. Kelly said.

Mr. Hale was arrested about two blocks away, at Third Avenue and East 109th Street, Mr. Kelly said.

Officer Loor was ?conscious and alert? when he entered the hospital, Mr. Kelly said.

truck4

Administrator
But if the cop shot first and saved himself, there would be outrage in the streets.

I sure hope this officer fully recovers.

Police Officers are in the streets every day and night out there risking their neck for all of us. I sure appreciate what they do and I think its pretty safe to say, a lot of others appreciate what they do.

I respect them for what they do. Thanks guys. 

CONTINUED PRAYERS FOR A FULL RECOVERY & PRAYERS THAT YOU WILL OVERCOME THIS LATEST SETBACK BROTHER. ......QUOTE FROM DAILY NEWS.... Stabbed police officer?s 4-year-old waits as he heals in hospital

"Police Officer Eder Loor, 28, was attacked in East Harlem Tuesday after he responded to a 911 call about a hulking mental patient who was flipping out in his family?s apartment

By Joe Kemp / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 12:03 AM

Mariela Lombard for New York Daily News

"A 4-year-old girl has desperately waited to see her hero cop father since he was stabbed in the brain by a mental patient, a relative told the Daily News Saturday.

?I wanna see my dad,? the little girl has been telling her family as her father, Police Officer Eder Loor, makes a painful recovery from the knife wound that nearly left him dead.

Several relatives have been helping to care for the little girl as Loor?s wife, Dina ? who is expecting a boy in July ? continues to sit at her husband?s bedside at Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/stab....#ixzz1sn XIXUjX EDP RESPONSE...EQUALS...EXTREME CAUTION ON OUR PART...REMEMBER WE ARE NOT ARMED.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/19/nyregi....2 &ref=nyregion

April 18, 2012

Stabbed in Brain, Officer Escaped ?Death?s Door?

By AL BAKER and ANDY NEWMAN

"The wild swing connected to the left side of the police officer?s head, a presumed punch until the blood started flowing. The officer, Eder Loor, reached to his temple and felt the handle of a knife.

He pulled the knife out, his wife later learned, not realizing then just how seriously injured he was.

By any odds, Officer Loor should have been killed or left brain-dead by the knife that entered his skull on Tuesday, after a confrontation with a 26-year-old ex-convict in East Harlem. At best, he could have lost the ability to speak, to talk to his pregnant wife or young daughter.

The head of neurosurgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center, Dr. Joshua B. Bederson, said Wednesday that none of that would come to pass."