OUR MILITARY.

https://news.usni.org/2018/07/09/uss-jason-dunham-sailor-dies-following-small-boat-accident-red-sea?utm_source=USNI+News&utm_campaign=18f75b129f-USNI_NEWS_DAILY&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0dd4a1450b-18f75b129f-233897405&ct=t(USNI_NEWS_DAILY)&mc_cid=18f75b129f&mc_eid=4660720535

UPDATED - Ensign Aboard USS Jason Dunham Dies Following Small Boat Accident in the Red Sea

While stopping at one of my local Dunks (Dunkin Donuts) yesterday (7/10) for a quick "pick me up", I met a 94 year old U.S. Navy Vet of WWII.

He was wearing his WWII cap so I started talking to him. He told me his entire family was in the military. Not only himself, but his two brothers, and his two sons, who are now 70 and 72 years old. All apparently doing well and also retired military members.

He showed me his drivers license and he was born in 1924.

He still drives a car and I asked him how often he comes to this Dunks. He told me every day he makes the rounds but he has about four or five that he regularly visits. Talking to that guy "made my day".

When we left I was behind him a few cars back. I got to tell you, he puts most of us to shame with his driving ability.

I sure hope I get to see him again. I'm going to send his picture that I took to a couple of guys here and maybe one of them can post it on here.

What a Great Guy.

Working for Enterprise Car rental I am all over Central Illinois. At a McDonalds outside of Champaign I have had the honor to meet one of the few survivors on the Indianapolis tragedy.

mack

Administrator
nfd2004 said:
While stopping at one of my local Dunks (Dunkin Donuts) yesterday (7/10) for a quick "pick me up", I met a 94 year old U.S. Navy Vet of WWII.

He was wearing his WWII cap so I started talking to him. He told me his entire family was in the military. Not only himself, but his two brothers, and his two sons, who are now 70 and 72 years old. All apparently doing well and also retired military members.

He showed me his drivers license and he was born in 1924.

He still drives a car and I asked him how often he comes to this Dunks. He told me every day he makes the rounds but he has about four or five that he regularly visits. Talking to that guy "made my day".

When we left I was behind him a few cars back. I got to tell you, he puts most of us to shame with his driving ability.

I sure hope I get to see him again. I'm going to send his picture that I took to a couple of guys here and maybe one of them can post it on here.

What a Great Guy.

A WWII veteran to salute:

v_ET.jpg

NOTE THE LINK TO THE US IRS

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/07/130000_veterans_due_tax_refund.html?ath=027f6ea648be3a3f00c0984c45050a2c#cmpid=nsltr_stryheadline

130,000 veterans due tax refunds: Do you qualify for $1,750 payment 

Secondary link to IRS  https://www.irs.gov/individuals/military/combat-injured-veterans-tax-fairness-act-claim-information-available 

https://maritime-executive.com/editorials/u-s-navy-s-first-female-admiral-passes-away#gs.IUkyDEc

U.S. Navy's First Female Admiral Passes Away 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/24/afghanistan-defense-cia-operation-704929?utm_source=Join+the+Community+Subscribers&utm_campaign=65eafce9b8-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_07_26_04_36&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_02cbee778d-65eafce9b8-122451265&mc_cid=65eafce9b8&mc_eid=7cdd9c7ac5

U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan was part of CIA operation 

CAMP LEJEUNE WATER ISSUES....  "CAMP LEJEUNE WATER CONTAMINATION PRESUMPTIVES

Effective 3/14/2017, the VA established presumptive service connection for diseases associated with exposure to contaminants in the water supply at Camp Lejeune.

The presumption of service connection applies to active duty, reserve and National Guard members who served at Camp Lejeune for a minimum of 30 days (cumulative) between August 1, 1953 and December 31, 1987, and are diagnosed with any of the following conditions:

adult leukemia
aplastic anemia and other myelodysplastic syndromes
bladder cancer
kidney cancer
liver cancer
multiple myeloma
non-Hodgkin?s lymphoma
Parkinson?s disease
In the early 1980?s, volatile organic compounds, trichloroethylene (TCE), a metal degreaser, and perchloroethylene (PCE), a dry cleaning agent, as well as benzene and vinyl chloride, were discovered in two on-base water supply systems at Camp Lejeune. The contaminated wells supplying the water systems were shut down in February 1985.

The area included in this presumption is all of Camp Lejeune and MCAS New River, including satellite camps and housing areas.

Our office can assist you with applying for this benefit, or any of the benefits listed on these pages. Please call us at 910-253-2233 to schedule an appointment."

mack

Administrator
68jk09 said:
CAMP LEJEUNE WATER ISSUES....  "CAMP LEJEUNE WATER CONTAMINATION PRESUMPTIVES

Effective 3/14/2017, the VA established presumptive service connection for diseases associated with exposure to contaminants in the water supply at Camp Lejeune.

The presumption of service connection applies to active duty, reserve and National Guard members who served at Camp Lejeune for a minimum of 30 days (cumulative) between August 1, 1953 and December 31, 1987, and are diagnosed with any of the following conditions:

adult leukemia
aplastic anemia and other myelodysplastic syndromes
bladder cancer
kidney cancer
liver cancer
multiple myeloma
non-Hodgkin?s lymphoma
Parkinson?s disease
In the early 1980?s, volatile organic compounds, trichloroethylene (TCE), a metal degreaser, and perchloroethylene (PCE), a dry cleaning agent, as well as benzene and vinyl chloride, were discovered in two on-base water supply systems at Camp Lejeune. The contaminated wells supplying the water systems were shut down in February 1985.

The area included in this presumption is all of Camp Lejeune and MCAS New River, including satellite camps and housing areas.

Our office can assist you with applying for this benefit, or any of the benefits listed on these pages. Please call us at 910-253-2233 to schedule an appointment."

Chief - thanks for posting. 

Marine veterans, and any other Service veterans, who were stationed at, trained at, went to school at Camp Lejeune in the 1950s/1960s/1970s/1980s who have any of the illnesses listed should contact the VA ASAP.

United States Senator and Captain, U.S.N. (Ret.) John McCain has died.  The word "hero" is so often over-used that it has, in many cases, become trivialized.  John McCain, a man of honor, principle and integrity truly belongs among that honored pantheon.

manhattan said:
United States Senator and Captain, U.S.N. (Ret.) John McCain has died.  The word "hero" is so often over-used that it has, in many cases, become trivialized.  John McCain, a man of honor, principle and integrity truly belongs among that honored pantheon.

In this video, a famous singer named Tony Orlando tells a story about Senator John McCain. Senator McCain suffered and was tortured as a POW during the height of the Viet Nam War.

Tonight (8/25/18) Senator McCain is to be honored and remembered for his service to Our Country.

Here is that video as Tony Orlando tells the story of his first introduction to then, POW John McCain, who was sitting in the front row for his performance.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ap9HDUIg4 

Thanks for posting that, Bill.  It's a wonderful tribute to an extraordinary gentleman, an American to be admired in the past, now and throughout the life of our Great Nation.

Rob O?Neill, the Navy SEAL who claims to have killed Osama Bin Laden, challenged President Barack Obama to say ?radical Islam? on Friday.
Obama delivered a long rebuke of President Donald Trump in Illinois on Friday and specifically knocked the president for his reaction to the Charlottesville neo-Nazi marches last summer. (RELATED: Obama Hits Campaign Trail, Goes Off On Trump: ?We Can?t Just Put Walls Up Around America)
?How hard can that be, saying that Nazis are bad?? Obama asked.
SEAL Team 6 member O?Neill shot back at the former president on Twitter, questioning when he would finally acknowledge the reality of radical Islamic terror. (RELATED: Former Obama State Dept Official Explains Why They Never Said ?Radical Islam)
?Nazis are bad,? O?Neill wrote. ?Now try saying, ?Radical Islam.'? (Obama Refuses To Say Islamic Terrorism During Military Town Hall)

A good friend sent me this video recently. I guess he knows just where I stand. And with this posting I guess everybody else here will know where I stand too. And I know that I am NOT alone either.

Thank you to Our Military Members who have served, fought, and suffered for ALL of us to enjoy the Freedoms we have today.

It was just about 17 years ago on September 11, 2001 when Our Country was suddenly attacked. There are many members here who were a part of it. Many lost some very good friends and family members.

If not for Our Military Members, things could have been quite different today.

So THANK YOU to ALL who have served.

www.break.com/video/anti-nfl-song-called-take-a-knee-my-ass-3137583 

NATIONAL POW / MIA RECOGNITION DAY...... https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/presidential-proclamation-national-pow-mia-recognition-day-2018/

SPECIAL FORCES MOH RECIPIENT....  https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/09/21/former-special-forces-medic-to-receive-medal-of-honor-for-valor-in-afghanistan/