OUR MILITARY.

That is a story that should be told to every American that walks this Great Country.

Marine Earns Silver Star for Courageous Leadership

Aug 05, 2013

MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. ? Sergeant Matthew T. Woodall, a former squad leader serving with Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, was awarded the Silver Star Medal at the Camp San Mateo parade deck here, Aug. 2.

Woodall, a native of Paducah, Ky., earned the nation?s third highest military award for valor for his actions in Helmand province, Afghanistan, in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

?I was doing my job, I don?t think I did anything different than anyone else would,? Woodall said. ?But when you?re there, you?re really doing everything for your brothers on your left and on your right.?

A platoon-sized enemy force attacked Woodall and his Marines from several fortified positions during a security patrol mission in the Sangin district of Helmand, July 10 through 11, 2011.

A Marine was wounded by gunfire directly in front of Woodall. Without hesitation, he exposed himself to a hail of enemy fire and shielded the Marine with his body while providing suppressive fire until a corpsman arrived.

?When you?re over there with these guys every day, it really becomes like a family,? Woodall said. ?Your natural instinct is to protect your family. It was just the natural thing for me to do.?

Woodall ensured his wounded Marine was properly cared for before leading an assault on the nearest enemy compound. He directed his squad as they repelled repeated enemy assaults with light anti-armor weapons and small arms fire from their flank.

?We ran low on ammo at one point,? said Lance Cpl. Justin Lehn a rifleman serving with Bravo Co. ?(Woodall) had our (squad automatic weapon gunners) break down their ammo drums to give more ammo to our riflemen.?

When the enemy pinned down a squad sent to reinforce Woodall?s men, Woodall led a counterattack through multiple compounds to secure the reinforcement.

?He?s the kind of leader that all Marines strive to be,? said Cpl. Jalonnie Rhim, an assistant squad automatic weapon gunner serving with Bravo Co. and native of Rochester, N.Y. ?He was very cool under fire.?

Woodall then led his men as they crawled through a cornfield for more than an hour to ambush an enemy force after receiving reports of the enemy gathering for another attack. They took the enemy with the surprise of their withering fire and drove them out of the village after more than seven hours of intense combat.

?What we thought was going to be a normal day turned out to be one hell of a firefight,? said Lehn, a Long Island, N.Y., native. ?Woodall kept directing us with orders and reassuring us with confidence to keep us pushing through.?

He kept himself collected during the firefight to keep his Marines from becoming nervous or scared, he said

?I always tried to remember that I?m in charge of these guys, so I wanted to lead by example,? Woodall said. ?I always felt that if they saw me keeping my emotions under control, that they would try to emulate me.?

His daring actions ultimately defeated the enemy attack, killing four insurgents and wounding many others.

?I know that the citation that was read says my name on it, but I?m just an individual Marine,? Woodall said. ?My squad was just amazing, and they are some of the best Marines I?ve met. They were brave every day. Sangin was a terrible place. Without them, I?m just one Marine.?

Woodall was honorably discharged from active duty service during December 2012. He currently attends the University of Eastern Kentucky and hopes to work for the Department of Homeland Security in the future to continue serving his country.

AVOID THE MOVIE  "THE BUTLER"
Never forget what  this miserable woman did, and the pain and suffering she  caused.

THE MOVIE "THE BUTLER IS BEING  SHOT IN NEW ORLEANS. 
THE TRAITOR, JANE FONDA,  PLAYS NANCY REAGAN. 
AS AN AMERICAN I CAN NEVER FORGIVE JANE  FONDA FOR HER ACTIONS IN VIETNAM. 
MANY AMERICANS DIED IN THAT  WAR AND FOR HER TO CALL AMERICANS SERVICE PEOPLE 
WARMONGERS  IS UNFORGIVIABLE TO ME.
  SHE WAS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBILE FOR THE  DEATHS OF 3 MEN 
WHO DIED AFTER RECEIVED BEATINGS FOR PASSING  A NOTE ABOUT THE CRUELTY 
THEY FACED EVERY DAY WHICH SHE IN  TURN TURNED OVER TO THE  VIETCONG..
I hope all people,  young and old know this...
If not, please read all of this message.   
In "my time" it was fairly well known what she did, but over  time it seems to have been forgotten or lost in time...
otherwise she never should be asked to perform in any capacity !

Ronald Reagan would be rolling over  in his grave!

JANE FONDA AS NANCY REAGAN 

This cannot go around too much.   
Those of us that were living in  those years will never forget 
that  she was a traitor and did a lot of damage to our  boys..
She has now been  chosen to play Nancy Reagan in her life story. 
I am sending this one out because so many do not know  this truth... 
and also because she was on 3 times this week talking about her new book... 
And how good she feels in her 70's...   
she still does not know what she did wrong...
her book just may not make the best list if more people knew...   
also.... 

Barbara Walters said: 

Thank you all. Many died in Vietnam for our  freedoms.

I did not like Jane  Fonda then, and I don't like her now.   
She can lead her present life the way she wants   
and perhaps SHE can forget the  past, 
but we DO NOT have to stand by without comment 
and see her "honored" as a "Woman of the Century".

I  remember this well

For those who served and/or died. . . 

NEVER FORGIVE A TRAITOR. SHE REALLY WAS A  TRAITOR!
  and now they want to honor  her...!!!
In Memory of LT. C.Thomsen  Wieland who spent 100 days at the Hanoi Hilton [Famous North Vietnam  Prison]

IF YOU NEVER FORWARDED  ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE FORWARD THIS SO THAT EVERYONE WILL  KNOW!!!

A TRAITOR IS ABOUT TO  BE HONORED.

KEEP THIS MOVING  ACROSS AMERICA

This is for all  the kids born in the 70's and after who do not remember, and didn't have to bear the burden that our fathers, mothers, and older brothers and sisters had to bear.

Jane Fonda  is being honored as one of the
'100 Women of the Century.'

BARBARA  WALTERS WRITES:

Unfortunately,  many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how  Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country, but specific men who  served and sacrificed during the Vietnam War.

The first part of this is from an F-4E  pilot.

The pilot's name is  Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat.

In  1968, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho  Lo Prison the ' Hanoi Hilton.' Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a  cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's, he was ordered to  describe for a visiting American 'Peace Activist' the 'lenient and  humane treatment' he'd received.

He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and was dragged  away. During the subsequent beating, he fell forward on to the camp  Commandant 's feet, which sent that officer berserk. 

In 1978, the Air Force Colonel still  suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying career)  from the Commandant's frenzied application of a wooden  baton.

From 1963-65, Col. Larry  Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4E's). He spent 6 years in the ' Hanoi  Hilton'...the first three of which his family only knew he was 'missing  in action'. His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group,  too, got the cleaned-up, fed and clothed routine in preparation for a  'peace delegation' visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they  were alive and still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his Social Security Number on it, in the palm of his hand. When  paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking  each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: 'Aren't you  sorry you bombed babies?' and 'Are you grateful for the humane treatment  from your benevolent captors?' Believing this HAD to be an act, they  each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat.. At the end  of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked  disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and handed  him all the little pieces of paper...

Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Colonel  Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only  reason we know of her actions that day..

I was a civilian economic development advisor in  Vietnam , and was captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South  Vietnam in 1968, and held prisoner for over 5 years. I spent 27 months  in solitary confinement; one year in a cage in Cambodia ; and one year  in a 'black box' in Hanoi . My North Vietnamese captors deliberately  poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in  Banme Thuot , South Vietnam , whom I buried in the jungle near the  Cambodian border. At one time, I weighed only about 90 lbs. (My normal  weight is 170 lbs)

We were Jane  Fonda's 'war criminals...'

When  Jane Fonda was in Hanoi , I was asked by the camp communist political  officer if I would be willing to meet with her. I said yes, for I wanted  to tell her about the real treatment we POWs received... and how  different it was from the treatment purported by the North Vietnamese,  and parroted by her as 'humane and lenient'.

Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky floor on  my knees, with my arms outstretched with a large steel weight placed on  my hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane.

I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda soon  after I was released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me  on TV. She never did answer me.

These first-hand experiences do not exemplify someone  who should be honored as part of '100 Years of Great Women.' Lest we  forget....' 100 Years of Great Women' should never include a traitor  whose hands are covered with the blood of so many patriots. 

There are few things I have strong visceral  reactions to, but Hanoi Jane's participation in blatant treason, is one of them. Please take the time to forward to as many people as you  possibly can.. It will eventually end up on her computer and she needs  to know that we will never forget.

RONALD D. SAMPSON, CMSgt, USAF 716 Maintenance  Squadron, Chief of Maintenance DSN: 875-6431 COMM: 883-6343 

PLEASE HELP BY SENDING THIS TO EVERYONE IN  YOUR ADDRESS BOOK. IF ENOUGH PEOPLE SEE THIS MAYBE HER STATUS WILL  CHANGE.

mack

Administrator

Jane Fonda quotes:

"It's my fondest wish, that some day, every American will get down on their knees and pray to God that some day they will have the opportunity to live in a Communist Society."

"POWs are lying if they assert it was the North Vietnamese policy to torture Americans."

"This is Jane Fonda speaking from Hanoi, and I'm speaking particularly to the U.S servicemen...I don't know what your officers tell you...but your weapons are illegal and that's not just rhetoric...The men who are ordering you to use these weapons are war criminals according to international law, and in the past, in Germany and Japan, men who committed these kinds of crimes were tried and executed."

When American POWs finally began to return home (some of them having been held captive for up to nine years) and describe the tortures they had endured at the hands of the North Vietnamese, Jane Fonda quickly told the country that they should "not hail the POWs as heroes, because they are hypocrites and liars."

I wish I could reply to this post and especially "this individual" but I would probably aggrevate those who run this site with my choice of words!

We would like to Honor the memory of these men and women who
recently lost their lives, and Remember them each specifically by name.
Please pray for these families as they begin their journey of healing through this unimaginable devastation.

July 2013 Heroes

We remember these eleven heroes who gave their lives and the families they left behind.

Spc. Hilda I. Clayton, 22, of Augusta, Ga.
1st Sgt. Tracy L. Stapley, 44, of Clearfield, Utah
Pvt. Errol D.A. Milliard, 18, of Birmingham, Ala
Lance Cpl. Benjamin W. Tuttle, 19, of Gentry, Ark
Staff Sgt. Sonny C. Zimmerman, 25, of Waynesfield, Ohio
Spc. Anthony R. Maddox, 22, of Port Arthur, Texas
1st Lt. Jonam Russell, 25, of Cornville, Ariz.,
Sgt. Stefan M. Smith, 24 of Glennville, Ga., and
Spc. Rob L. Nichols, 24, of Colorado Springs, Colo.
Sgt. Eric T. Lawson, 30, of Stockbridge, Ga.,
Spc. Caryn E. Nouv, 29, of Newport News, Va

June 2013 Heroes

We remember these eighteen heroes who gave their lives and the families they left behind.

Spc. Ray A. Ramirez, 20, of Sacramento, Calif.
Spc. Kyle P. Stoeckli, 21, of Moseley, Va
Pfc. Mariano M. Raymundo, 21, of Houston, Texas
Warrant Officer Sean W. Mullen, 39, of Dover, Del
Staff Sgt. Job M. Reigoux, 30, of Austin, Texas
2nd Lt. Justin L. Sisson, 23, of Phoenix, Ariz.,
Spc. Robert A. Pierce, 20, of Panama, Okla.
Lt. Col. Todd J. Clark, 40, of Evans Mills, N.Y.
Maj. Jaimie E. Leonard, 39, of Warrick, N.Y.
Staff Sgt. Jesse L. Thomas Jr., 31, of Pensacola, Fla
Lance Cpl. Jared W. Brown, 20, of Youngstown, Fla
Sgt. Justin R. Johnson, 25, of Hobe Sound, Fla
Spc. Ember M. Alt, 21, of Beech Island, S.C.
Spc. Robert W. Ellis, 21, of Kennewick, Wash.
Spc. William R. Moody, 30, of Burleson, Texas
Spc. Javier Sanchez Jr., 28, of Greenfield, Calif
Sgt. Corey E. Garver, 26, of Topsham, Maine
Sgt. Justin R. Rogers, 25, of Barton, N.Y

QUOTE.......

Awesome Letter That A Dying Military Veteran Sent To His Representatives In Congress

Posted on September 11, 2013 by Michael Snyder

You will be amazed by the things that a dying military veteran wrote in a letter to the two U.S. Senators that are representing his state. Like so many other Americans, this elderly vet is absolutely disgusted by the corruption and the incompetence that he sees coming out of Washington. In the past, I have also written about how $1.4 billion is spent on the Obamas each year and about how Congress isliving the high life at our expense, but in this letter this dying military veteran puts things much more eloquently than I did. The name of the vet that wrote this letter is Bill Schoonover, and it was written on April 3rd, 2013. Even though his representatives in Congress will probably never take the time to read this letter, I think that you will agree that the emotions that Mr. Schoonover has expressed in this letter are shared by millions upon millions of other Americans all across the country?

Dear Senator:

I have tried to live by the rules my entire life. My father was a Command Sergeant Major, U.S. Army, who died of combat related stresses shortly after his retirement. It was he who instilled in me those virtues he felt important ? honesty, duty, patriotism and obeying the laws of God and of our various governments. I have served my country, paid my taxes, worked hard, volunteered and donated my fair share of money, time and artifacts.

Today, as I approach my 79th birthday, I am heart-broken when I look at my country and my government. I shall only point out a very few things abysmally wrong which you can multiply by a thousand fold. I have calculated that all the money I have paid in income taxes my entire life cannot even keep the Senate barbershop open for one year! Only Heaven and a few tight-lipped actuarial types know what the Senate dining room costs the taxpayers. So please, enjoy your haircuts and meals on us.

Last year, the president spent an estimated 1.4 $billion on himself and his family. The vice president spends $millions on hotels. They have had 8 vacations so far this year! And our House of Representatives and Senate have become America ?s answer to the Saudi royal family. You have become the ?perfumed princes and princesses? of our country.

In the middle of the night, you voted in the Affordable Health Care Act, a.k.a. ?Obama Care,? a bill which no more than a handful of senators or representatives read more than several paragraphs, crammed it down our throats, and then promptly exempted yourselves from it substituting your own taxpayer-subsidized golden health care insurance.

You live exceedingly well, eat and drink as well as the ?one percenters,? consistently vote yourselves perks and pay raises while making 3.5 times the average U.S. individual income, and give up nothing while you (as well as the president and veep) ask us to sacrifice due to sequestration (for which, of course, you plan to blame the Republicans, anyway).

You understand very well the only two rules you need to know ? (1) How to get elected, and (2) How to get re-elected. And you do this with the aid of an eagerly willing and partisan press, speeches permeated with a certain economy of truth, and by buying the votes of the greedy, the ill-informed and under-educated citizens (and non-citizens, too, many of whom do vote ) who are looking for a handout rather than a job. Your so-called ?safety net? has become a hammock for the lazy. And, what is it now, about 49 or 50 million on food stamps ? pretty much all Democrat voters ? and the program is absolutely rife with fraud with absolutely no congressional oversight?

I would offer that you are not entirely to blame. What changed you is the seductive environment of power in which you have immersed yourselves. It is the nature of both houses of Congress which requires you to subordinate your virtue in order to get anything done until you have achieved a leadership role. To paraphrase President Reagan, it appears that the second oldest profession (politics), bears a remarkably strong resemblance to the oldest.

As the hirsute first Baron John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton (1834 ? 1902), English historian and moralist, so aptly and accurately stated, ?Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.? I?m only guessing that this applies to the female sex as well. Tell me, is there a more corrupt entity in this country than Congress?

While we middle class people continue to struggle, our government becomes less and less transparent, more and more bureaucratic, and ever so much more dictatorial, using Czars and Secretaries to tell us (just to mention a very few) what kind of light bulbs we must purchase, how much soda or hamburgers we can eat, what cars we can drive, gasoline to use, and what health care we must buy. Countless thousands of pages of regulations strangle our businesses costing the consumer more and more every day.

As I face my final year, or so, with cancer, my president and my government tell me ?You?ll just have to take a pill,? while you, Senator, your colleagues, the president, and other exulted government officials and their families will get the best possible health care on our tax dollars until you are called home by your Creator while also enjoying a retirement beyond my wildest dreams, which of course, you voted for yourselves and we pay for.

The chances of you reading this letter are practically zero as your staff will not pass it on, but with a little luck, a form letter response might be generated by them with an auto signature applied, hoping we will believe that you, our senator or representative, has heard us and actually cares. This letter will, however, go on line where many others will have the chance to read one person?s opinion, rightly or wrongly, about this government, its administration and its senators and representatives.

I only hope that occasionally you might quietly thank the taxpayer for all the generous entitlements which you have voted yourselves, for which, by law, we must pay, unless, of course, it just goes on the $17 trillion national debt for which your children and ours, and your grandchildren and ours, ad infinitum, must eventually try to pick up the tab.

My final thoughts are that it must take a person who has either lost his or her soul, or conscience, or both, to seek re-election and continue to destroy this country I deeply love and put it so far in debt that we will never pay it off while your lot improves by the minute, because of your power. For you, Senator, will never stand up to the rascals in your House who constantly deceive the American people. And that, my dear Senator, is how power has corrupted you and the entire Congress. The only answer to clean up this cesspool is term limits. This, of course, will kill the goose that lays your golden eggs. And woe be to him (or her) who would dare to bring it up.

Sincerely,

Bill Schoonover
....UNQUOTE

Vietnam vets get medals, 46 years later

By Associated Press

September 21, 2013 | 4:47am

Joe Cordileone (left) and Robert Moffatt were finally recognized for their heroism during the Vietnam War.

SAN DIEGO ? Two Vietnam veterans were awarded the Silver and Bronze Star medals Friday for their courage in a battle on a jungle hillside where more than 75 percent of the troops with them that day were killed or wounded.

Navy Secretary Ray Mabus said in his citation to the president that Joe Cordileone and Robert Moffatt showed extraordinary heroism during the first Battle of Khe Sanh in 1967. Marine Brig. Gen. James Bierman apologized to the veterans for the 46-year-wait, saying ?I?m sorry that it took so long for these awards to work their way around to you.?

The men were never recognized until now because the commanders who make such recommendations were killed: Of the more than 100 American troops on the hill, 27 were killed and 50 were wounded.

The pursuit for medals for the men started with a retired Marine general listening to a group of veterans reminisce about April 30, 1967, when troops with Company M, 3rd Marine Battalion, 3rd Marine Division, advanced to secure Hill 881 South and were attacked by the North Vietnamese Army.

Maj. Gen. John Admire said he was shocked to learn not one of the survivors had a medal.

Retired Pfc. Cordileone still has shrapnel in his face from the fighting. He continued firing for about eight hours after getting hit by fragments from the explosions as he carried his platoon commander, who was killed when a second mortar hit. Moffatt suffered severe head wounds after taking over the machine gun from a wounded comrade, saving American lives.

?I knew we had to remedy this because there was no doubt in my mind that what they did was absolutely courage beyond belief,? Admire said.

Admire conducted research to verify the veterans? stories. Thanks to his efforts, six Marines have received medals for that day, including Cordileone, now the chief deputy city attorney for San Diego, and Moffatt, a retired cost estimator who lives in Riverside.

The Navy says Cordileone?s efforts saved the lives of at least 10 Marines.

Cordileone at one point dragged Moffatt to a bomb crater for safety and tried to stop the bleeding from his cheek by dressing the wound. He recalled with a laugh how Moffatt gestured for him to pull it off and when he did, Moffatt told him ?You idiot, I can?t breathe.?

Both men still suffer from post-traumatic stress. Moffatt continues to see doctors for traumatic brain injury.

Cordileone said he was humbled his fellow Marines would recommend him for the award.

?The truth is I was just doing my job,? he said at the ceremony attended by parents of recruits graduating Friday from boot camp. ?I did nothing more than any other Marine would have done in the same situation, and I certainly know that I did no more than any other Marine or corpsman who climbed hill 881 with me that day.?

Retired Pfc. Moffatt accepted his award in memory of his fallen comrades.

?I can go to my grave with some peace of mind and say well somebody appreciated what I tried to do,? he said after the ceremony.

The Navy Secretary had to cancel his appearance at the ceremony at the Marine Corps Recruiting Depot because of Monday?s shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard.

Hill 881N and 881S. Numerical designation is for the height in meters. These were USMC outposts, out in the middle of nowhere. Heavy combat, a long night for the grunts, which is not degatory but a sign of high respect from those whose boots are on the ground!!!!!!!!!! Serious hand to hand combat at times but the Marines prevailed. To me I was a FAC but in Vietnam the greatest honor was a USMC grunt! My son was a grunt, 2 tours in Iraq, but like most USMC, will not talk, just part of the best who got it done! Hey Justin, wanna join The few, the proud, the Marines. Guess not, looking for men, and yes women!!!!!