PAR checks

C

chasb

Hi!  ???
I've fairly recently started to listen to the various feeds in the New York and Lancaster, Pa area's.  Being from England I am confused by some of the things I hear.  Can someone tell me what a PAR check is, I've heard them being carried out on 2 alarms and above, but would like to have some idea what is going on.

Many thanks

Stay safe

Charlie (chasb)

Charlie:

In the Va. Beach Fire Dept a PAR is a personnel accountability report. For instance, if you're operating at an incident Command may call you and ask for a PAR check. "Command to Engine 8, whats your PAR?" "E8 to command, PAR 4." Which means 4 firefighters present & accounted for. It's basically used to keep track of everyone and command will check their status board and see that 4 firefighters are assigned to the particular truck and know everyone is ok. The accountability system varies widely depending on what style a Department has adopted.

Dean

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
FDNY does not have the PAR checks like some other places.  We will do a Rollcall as needed. 
Each Officer carries a "Riding List" BF4 on them which has each member and what they are assinged for the tour.
A Copy of the BF4 also goes on the rig.

When needed a Chief will go to each rig and collect the BF4s.  Recently however we now fax a copy of the BF4 to the Battalion who makes up a list of units in the Battalion on big spreadsheet.  This goes with the Aide, Chief, FAST Truck Radio and sent to the Division.