Philadelphia PA 2nd Alarm With Collapse,Trapped Firefighters and LODD 6/18/22

Philadelphia Fire Department Facebook page:
·
"This morning, there was a building collapse during a fire response at 300 W. Indiana St in Fairhill which resulted in several firefighters and an L&I inspector trapped. So far, several were rescued and transported to hospitals. Work continues to free others.
Responding agencies include Philadelphia Police, L&I, OEM, PGW, PECO, PWD, American Red Cross, 2nd Alarmers, and SEPTA.
The fire response remains at 2-alarms. Updates to follow."

Last edited:
RIP brother. Prayers for all involved May the others be recovered quickly and alive. May all those injured heal quickly and fully

My sincere condolences to the Brothers and Sisters of the Philadelphia Fire Department, and to the friends and family members of those lost

Very tragic event and we certainly hope for the safe recovery of the others lost.

As we pray:
When I am called to duty God, whenever flames may rage,
Give me the strength to save some life whatever be it's age
Help me to embrace a little child before it's too late
Or some older person from the horror of that fate.
Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout
And quickly and efficiently to put the fire our
I want to fill my calling and give the best in me
To guard my neighbor and protect his property
And if according to Your Will I have to lose my life
Please bless with Your Protecting Hand, my children and my wife.

"Pray for them as they go past - Every ride could be their Last"

Rest In Peace terrible tragedy for the Philadelphia firefighters on Father’s Day weekend. Prayers and condolences to all involved 🙏🙏🙏😔

"IT IS WITH DEEP REGRET, that the City of Philadelphia Fire Department announces the line of duty death of Lt. Sean Williamson, of Ladder Co. 18. Lt Williamson gave the supreme sacrifice on June 18, 2022 as a result of injuries sustained while operating at Box 443, 3rd Street and Indiana Ave. Further details to follow. Godspeed to the fallen, his family and his Co-workers."

Remember when they had that building collapse right across the street from Engine 43/Ladder 9 on Market Street several years ago? This sounds like the same situation. Evidently corruption is a longstanding tradition in the building inspection (L&I) department in Philly.