Photos of FDNY's New rigs

When shall we be seeing them?  And what siren did the new rigs have in them the pa-300 or the eq2b?

I am up in the air about them.  I am not big on the seating on the inside.  Nobody is near a window.  With the guys riding forward, you cant really size up the scene b/c you are stuck in the middle of the rig.  Does anyone know when the new ladders will be ordered or getting here?

Awesome pictures!! This rig looks kind of like a Pierce, is that cab three or four seats in it, i.e. 10-14 Engine Co. ? ???

e203BCVFD said:
Awesome pictures!! This rig looks kind of like a Pierce, is that cab three or four seats in it, i.e. 10-14 Engine Co. ? ???

The rig can seat 6 total: chauffeur, officer up front, two firefighters riding backwards on either side of the engine, and 2 riding forwards at the middle rear of the cab on fold-down seats.

I think they look pretty good however, I've never been a fan of the raised roof.

According to the folks at the Shops, the seats have been redesigned (widened) to accommodate a firefighter with all of his gear on ( rescue rope, pass alarm, etc.)

Alright sounds good  the reason i keep asking is because my fathers old company is do to receive a new tower ladder......

They will repalce whats left of the 1997 and start on the 1998 rigs and then continue on into 99 not sure if they will get to 2000. i think there are 17 1997 in service, approx 30 rigs in first year of contract then 20 or so each year for the next 2 years total of 3 years and 70 rigs. FAJ has list of 1997's left in service if anyone intersted

Why would they take a new engine and give it to the rock instead of using one of the old engines it would have replaced?

The reason is 69 other units are coming and having 1 dedicated rig to train all members on is prudent. This is a totally different pumper for FDNY in that it is 2000 gpm and the drafting issue ahs resurfaced. Recently when rigs arrived 1 from every other year or so was kept at rock for chauffeur school so members trained on all types of pumpers. Some of our older seagraves have manual throttle and newer have propressure governors. so i hope this answers your questions. FYI they have 1992,93,97,98,00,02,04 rigs i think at training, they are also used for proby school when pumpers are needed for classes or training

M

mmattyphoto

we at the shops that night were told it arrived that morning. MDT and radio to be put in also with a in the back for the troops.