Places in Chicago?

Heading out to Chicago for the first time tomorrow morning to attend the Fire Rescue International Conference.  Staying at the Sheraton Towers.  Where is the best Chicago food near here (like deep dish pizza!) Also, is there a Chicago Firehouse nearby to visit? 

Thanks,

FP16

Sheraton is on Water Street. E-13, T6 are at Columbus Drive. They are right across the street from that large 80 story building, the AON Building. If you are bringing your wife or other, E-98 is located down Michigan Ave, 800 North,  near another large building, the Hancock Building. It is an old firehouse located next to the Water Tower. one of the buildings that survived the Great Chicago Fire. A little bit of a hike though.Pizza, well ask for Pizzeria Uno or Pizzeria Duo. Steak gotta go to Mortons. And there is the "Rock n Roll McDonald's! I am from Chicago, hope this helps.

Bulldog

Bulldog
grumpy grizzly said:
Steak gotta go to Mortons.
??  Lots of cities have a Mortons these days.  If you're in Chicago when I go to something that's very Chicago such as Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse or The Chop House? 

Agree, wish he would have contacted us sooner for lots of info. Al's Italian Beef for instance. Oh well!

Thanks for the info, still in Chicago and enjoying myself.  I have not yet tried a Chicago Italian beef sandwich, so I will look up Al's.  Made it out to Wrigley last night, what a great time, even though the Cubs lost.

Grumpy says: You went to a Cubs game, I really hope you enjoyed yourself. But the Flubs were shut out at home for the 4th time in 5 games. I hope you hit E-78 on Waveland Ave. Hope you got to Al's to enjoy an Italian Beef. Chicago, Boston, FDNY, the job services great cities, the guys are great also. Unfortunately you need a computer to monitor, radioreference.com. Hope you had an enjoyable time!  :) ;) :D ;D

Grumpy:  Chicago is a great town and I had a great time!  Thanks for the info.  I made it by E13/T6 and was greeted warmly by the brothers.  13 was out, but 98 pulled up when we were there.  Got some Chicago beef, Chicago dogs (no ketchup!) made it to Wrigley, Soldier Field, the water front, the river walk and the Navy Pier.  The only thing I missed was the deep dish pizza.  Even got in and out of O'Hare with out any problems.  Covered a lot of territory in 4 days, will be back next year! Thanks again. FP16.