Police in ER's

Hello, how common would you all say it is to see Police officer's at hospital ER's? What are some of the more common reasons that you would you that cop's are often at ER's? Thanks.

It is very common to see Police Officers in ER's for reasons to numerous to mention, but basically to gather information for various reports from patients who had been removed from a scene prior to PD garnering necessary facts. (Now you know why many Police Officers are married to ER Nurses.)

So... One particularly hectic PM working in Binghamton General ER - BPD had been bringing in a lot of EDP's & Intox/O.D.'s;
BFD/EMS w/ a bunch of Bleeders, Fractures, a couple of CPR's mixed-in; BFD recognized what a harried night it'd been, &
brought us a big ole box of Dunkin' Donuts.
A BPD friend brought in his 3rd or 4th Intox that night, (he was driving the BPD Van), & I said to him -
'Ya' know Billy, at least BFD had the courtesy to bring-in a box of Dunkin' ...'
Billy says; 'Hey, Great ! I could really go for a Doughnut about now, where are they?'

''No, Bill, that's not that point; what I'm saying is..." 'Bill says, 'Yeah, yeah, whatever. Where are the Donuts-I'm starved.'

mack

Administrator
PD in ERs were unfortunately common in my county in N. Virginia, and nearby counties and cities. Medic runs had potential PD involvement for gunshots, fights, suspected domestic abuse, injuries related to crimes, suspected child abuse, belligerent patients, ODs, alcoholic patients, mental health situations, minors. It was unusual to arrive at busy ERs and not see a few PD vehicles outside. In most cases, several cops would be required to maintain a prsence for hours for individual situations.