Proposed cuts, Peoria Illinois FD

The proposed budget for the Peoria Fire Department calls for the closing of 2 engine companies, 1 ladder company and the re-location of another. This will also eliminate 33 fire fighter positions.

I cannot help but think that is total mismanagement by the city fathers that is creating such a depletion of service. Such a huge cut and I don't believe They had too many companies? Hell when I was chief, all I had was 2 engines and a truck plus three ambulances.

In August, 2018 there was a big concern within the Peoria area of mutual aid NOT being requested from the closer Peoria, Ill Fire Dept. During a period of time there were Four Fire Fatalities and some of the surrounding fire depts. were sued for not requesting the help of the closer Peoria Department.

I don't know if that had something to do with this or not, but if this link works, this is the story of some serious issues within the Peoria area.

www.firerescue1.com/fatal-fires/articles/report-ill-fire-depts.-didn't-call-closest-reinforcements-in-4-fatal-blazes-lNi8nfCVDyGj8Kie/

From a post this morning on the Central Illinois Fire. Peoria head count in 2010 was 234, last year was 189. There is no further breakdown as to positions. It is not as if the workload has decreased either.