R5

No new unit for R5, as there were only four 4 door units (per ferrara website) built so they're going to the Hazmat engines. the seven 2 door units went to the squads.

There will be a new Squad on SI soon , so they will take over R-5 haz-mat responsibilities .

Bulldog

Bulldog
TLTruckie said:
There will be a new Squad on SI soon , so they will take over R-5 haz-mat responsibilities .
Where are you getting this information? It certainly needed and has been discussed a lot but there has been no information coming out thing is actually going to happen!

I know this has been discussed before but were would they put it would they add it it take away an engine co

Do you think they could make engine co 160 a squad ? They would keep there second piece in the lot like rescue 5 does already and if true rescue 5 will no longer need it unless they share it something to think about unless they rebuild it and make it 3 bays then the collapse rig can be put in behind the rescue and the the tsu with div 8 and the squad with its second piece

160 will not become a squad. Nor will they redo the quarters. The floors were refurbed a few years ago and there is no where for a third bay to go.

There's a haztech engine on Staten Island. Engine 165. That does hazmat runs also.  Where are you getting this info from. 

TLTruckie said:

Someone started a rumor to see how far it would go and how long it takes to get back to the him, the originator. If it ever comes true it won't be in this century.

memory master said:
TLTruckie said:

Someone started a rumor to see how far it would go and how long it takes to get back to the him, the originator. If it ever comes true it won't be in this century.

Yeh MM, My Thoughts Exactly ... When I read the intiial post; I passed on the bait...I was thinkin' ; Really...we goin' down This Road Again ?  ;)

STAjo said:
memory master said:
TLTruckie said:

Yeh MM, My Thoughts Exactly ... When I read the intiial post; I passed on the bait...I was thinkin' ; Really...we goin' down This Road Again ?  ;)

In related news i hear the lime engines are returning!!  ;) ;D

The original post was I'd rescue 5 getting a replacement for there bread truck for hazmat ops. Didn't know if Ferrara was building one for them too

An educated guess would see one of the larger 2005-ish Freightliner/LDV rigs currently being replaced at the Haz-Tech Engines being reassigned to R5 to replace the smaller 2002 GMC/UCBC.