RIP CPT. JUAN LIGHTFOOT.

From 12-17-10 Newsday........QUOTE .....A decorated U.S. Marine Corps combat veteran from Elmont L.I. has died after collapsing while training in his new role as an Army Special Forces officer, officials said. CPT. Jaun Lightfoot 34 , a detachment commander in the 2nd Bn., 7 th Special forces Group , was participating in his unit's pre-scuba training. the Army released no further details yesterday, citing an ongoing investigation. Nassau County said that flags in government offices & bldgs. will be flown at half staff in Lghtfoot's honor. The training took place at Fort bragg, N.C. Lightfoot died Sunday at Womack Army Medical Center. He was a graduate of Xavier High School. He enlisted in the Marine Corps in 1995. He completed Army basic training in 2004 and later served multiple deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Army said. He is survived by his parents , Denise Carter & Damian Gennino of Elmont. Information on services was not immediatly available. When they do take place , members of the Patriot Guard Riders motorcycle group will be standing in honor. " A lot of our members had no one waiting for them when they came back from Vietnam" said Jim McElroy , the region's senior ride captain. " We wanted to make sure this does not happen to anybody else." UNQUOTE.........SEMPER FI ....REST IN PEACE SIR.

We have lost another American Hero. May he Rest in Peace, and Thank You for your service to Our Country.
  Those Heros that came back from Viet Nam were even spit on by our own people. I remember that. A disgrace to Our Military who gave up so much for us. They got NO THANKS. And as I remember, about 57,000 NEVER came back.